Anyone install rizoma grips on their monster 1200S - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
TRK

Anyone install rizoma grips on their monster 1200S

Has anyone installed rizoma grips on their 1200 and can give me some advice on how install the throttle side grip. Taking off the stock throttle sleeve took two minutes but I can't figure out how to get the new assembly on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 01:47 PM

Garage
TRK:

I'm getting mine next week, but would like to know if the problem is with the grip itself or putting the throttle assembly back togheter? I recently changed the steering bar and had to fiddle a little with the throttle sping to make it fit and close the assembly again. The Rizoma grip should be ride by wire compatible (at least that's what it says in the Rizoma website) so I think it should fit just like the stock one. Anyway, in case there is not an answer from the forum soon I'll let you know how it was with mine once I get them done. Good luck!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
TRK

I spoke to a tech at my dealer. He said the clam shell should have only been opened just enough to get the grip out. Since I opened it all of the way the spring came out. Tech said only way to get it back together is to assemble it off of the bars and then slide it onto the bars. To have enough slack in the throttle wire to get the grip back onto the bar the top bar clamp needs to get loosened so the bar can slide to the left 1-2". I did all of this but am having trouble getting the end of the spring to come out far enough to go into the kill switch housing which is what keeps tension on the spring and makes the throttle snap closed. I will try again tomorrow and hopefully have better luck. I will post some pics for anyone else thinking of doing this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 09:03 PM

Garage
TRK:

I had the same issue when I changed the bar, what I did was to work with half of the clamp. I engaged the side of the spring that goes to the grip, and then with a screwdriver I pushed the other side in the notch that goes in the housing, it's a bit tricky but that worked for me after a few attempts. For the new grip installation, I'll make sure to hold the spring in place instead of disassembling the whole clamp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode