radiator guard 1200 r - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
radiator guard 1200 r

i just got a monster 1200 r. i had an xdiavel s but too many recalls, fluid leaks and finally a torn drive belt by a rock-very expensive alone but pully tooth notched as well-$1500. enough, so i got the monster. on the x i was getting dings in the radiator so i got a protector by evotech. do i need to get one on the monster? the radiator is higher above the fender than the xdiavel so i'm unsure. does anyone have the experience or suggestions? thanks much.

Monster 1200 R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 07:04 AM

24k miles, didn't have one and didn't have any issues.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
thank you. i'd prefer not to get one. good news.

Monster 1200 R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 07:22 AM

Garage
39k an an 821 no dings even with occasional dirt roads

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
thank you. i'd prefer not to get one. good news.
Bht, did you really need some input or did you only want to receive some confirmation bias ?
Did you take a good look at the radiator ? have you noticed that it's humongous ? Have you noticed where it's located ?

I had 2 dings in the first 2 months of ownership , same thing with another dude on a 1200 and a buddy of mine on his 821, what now ? Who's right and who's wrong ? FYI, the other day that i washed my bike i noticed a (new) scuff on the Evotech radiator guard so...
Mind you, it's not like we off-road our bikes, just your typical use for a street bike.

Just install one and be done with it, radiator guards are one of the most useful, easier and cheap mods that you can do on a bike.
I'd rather spend 150€ on a guard and have some peace of mind instead of worrying all the time and getting screwed on a ride/trip in case something,anything decides to perforate my radiator.
Just because it didn't happen to some people it doesn't mean that it wont ever happen, it's just another precaution, you put one exactly because you don't when it will happen - just like a helmet, do you know if and when you're going to have a get-off ? On the other hand you have people like me that put one exactly because i already had 2 dings and same thing goes for the other 2 gentlemen on the 1200 and 821 respectively.

Sonic Duck only goes to Starbucks on weekends so of course he doesn't have any problems (love ya bro)

Last edited by Rosso Classico; 08-17-2017 at 05:46 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Classico View Post
I had 2 dings in the first 2 months of ownership , same thing with another dude on a 1200 and a buddy of mine on his 821, what now ? Who's right and who's wrong ?
I'm right and you're wrong. duh.

Quote:
Sonic Duck only goes to Starbucks on weekends so of course he doesn't have any problems (love ya bro)
Love you too snookums.
Rosso Classico likes this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Classico View Post

Not true. They won't allow him in Starbucks. He has to go to Dunkin' Donuts; through the back door, of course.

...this joke would be funnier if there was more than one Dunkin' Donuts in Georgia...
Rosso Classico likes this.

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
bht

Garage
thanks guys. i put one on my xdiavel after getting a few dings so maybe i will get the evotech for radiator and maybe oil too. it's just more money as i've got termis, NRC tidy coming next week with a few other goodies from rizoma & ducati. it's a money pit after just 5 days of owning. lol. i do love it though.

Monster 1200 R
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianq103 View Post
Not true. They won't allow him in Starbucks. He has to go to Dunkin' Donuts; through the back door, of course.

...this joke would be funnier if there was more than one Dunkin' Donuts in Georgia...
Pish, we have tons of Dunkins...like a yankee plague...but I wouldn't drink that or that hippie swill from Seattle. Only place to go in Georgia:

Brianq103 likes this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 10:14 AM

Garage
...and that, bht, is how we take a thread off topic!

Get the rad protector. They look cool and they actually do something useful. Unlike my contribution to this thread...
350LCjohnny likes this.

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode