Full termi exhaust upmap - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Full termi exhaust upmap

Does the full termi system for the 1200s with upmap make your dash say race on startup? I know my friend has the slip on upmap on his 821 and it says race on his dash but I am wondering if the full system says that as well.

I bought an ecu off a crashed monster 1200 that had full termis hoping the upmap was on there but the dash doesn't say anything when I turn it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:04 AM

Garage
I thought I read somewhere that the Slip-On changes the dash to say "Race" and the full systems say "Racing".

My 1200R with slip on Termi's (with up-map) says "Racing" but there is no full system (headers are already larger anyway)

Last edited by icottier; 05-21-2017 at 06:07 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 07:11 AM

Yes when you first turn the ignition on it will say racing for a few seconds. It needs to be done by the dealer. The Termi systems come with a key the is required for installation. The dealer will return the key to you after they download it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Sucks. I didn't get the upmap with my termis and I couldn't buy it separately so was trying to bypass it by getting an ecu w the map already unlocked on it. Guess that didn't work out.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:35 PM

anyone know a way to get the upmap separately?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 11:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_5.0 View Post
anyone know a way to get the upmap separately?
That's like searching for a needle in a hay stack.
My dealer's tech and I tried many ways to extract a map from another bike and other keys to no avail. Ducati and Synerject locked-it down good.
However, we later found there's better than an Upmap..much much better.
Get a Rexxer flash. It will also show "RACING" when your bike's system boots-up.
You can opt to choose to disable the exhaust valve and O2 sensor or both which the Upmap for a slip-on will not do.

2018 Multistrada Pikes Peak
2016 Monster 1200 R

2016 Panigale 959

Last edited by DarR; 09-02-2018 at 12:02 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:37 PM

Mine says “Racing Evo” for a few seconds MY17+ full termi with upmap. I installed mine and brought it to the service guy to do the tune. I did buy the exhaust from them though. If you have the upmap key, they should be able to register it to your vin and save your pre-map to the key. Then update your ECU with the new tune. Apparently Termi keeps a registered database of all upmaps to make sure people aren’t duping their tunes. I noticed a huge difference in sound and performance pre vs post upmap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode