Monster 1200 Dyno Charts - Page 4 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 10Likes

post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
Just had a "for charity" dyno run on my Monster 1200R. Half the proceeds went to the Diabetes Foundation. Great Idea.
However:
SC-Project Carbon with Rexxer flash. Open loop only, O2 disabled.
140.11 HP Not happy.
Are you going to try a different tuner? I am thinking about going Shift Tech exhaust with Rapid Bike Evo, I like RB's stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@rocroc
No DB baffle, Stock air filter.

FYI about the drop in HP from the crank to the rear wheel:
I had my stock 2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak on the same dyno yesterday as well. It's rated at 158hp by Ducati.
It pulled a 141.04 HP at the wheel representing an 11% drop.
This was inline with my expectations given other dyno run results on the same bike.

@TjHunter
As previously mentioned, I'm not too pleased with 140.11 at the wheel given the ecu flash and the no cat-exhaust on the Monster.
145+hp was expected. Perhaps I was too optimistic.
I'm familiar with the Rapidbike having had one in my previous Panigale. In fact, I still have it and earmarked for the Multistrada when the time comes.
I'm not blaming the exhaust. I'll check my air filter if it needs replacing but I'll try to get some feedback from Rexxer and take it from there.

Edit: ECU flashes are great as long as you can tune at home and revert if need be. Sending it out is a pain.
If I had to do this ECU mod again, I would use a Rapidbike unit for several reasons namely: auto-adaptation, customizable and Dyno tune-able and bike portable should you buy another harness.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)

Last edited by DarR; 09-30-2019 at 09:02 PM.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 03:18 PM

Interesting, well I will be watching to see what happens in the future. If I get my set up done and on a dyno Ill post it.

edit: just realized it was you on Panigale forum that persuaded me into this bike, HUGE thanks BTW!
DarR likes this.

2019 M1200R

Last edited by TjHunter; 09-30-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Rexxer got back to me. They usually can fetch north of 145hp but altitude, atmospheric changes and other subtle variances can make a difference. A competition air filter would add a few HP's although not recommended for the street. In addition to a clean air filter which mine may not be, they suggested to disconnect and plug the vacuum line from the charcoal canister to the intake if it's still on the bike. Disable the TC for the dyno run which I had. That's about it in a nutshell. They did remark that the dyno curve looked good which they felt was more important than the small peak power difference.

post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
Rexxer got back to me. They usually can fetch north of 145hp but altitude, atmospheric changes and other subtle variances can make a difference. A competition air filter would add a few HP's although not recommended for the street. In addition to a clean air filter which mine may not be, they suggested to disconnect and plug the vacuum line from the charcoal canister to the intake if it's still on the bike. Disable the TC for the dyno run which I had. That's about it in a nutshell. They did remark that the dyno curve looked good which they felt was more important than the small peak power difference.
I just saw your edit and if I were you...I would just get the RB and call it a day. I agree 100%, there is a reason people like the RB units. That is the way that I am going, just waiting to see what black friday deals are to come then I am going to buy my Shift Tech and RB. The other plus for RB is that you can buy the Up/Down quickshifter add on.

2019 M1200R
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 03:39 PM

Hopefully going to the Dyno sometime December/January. But I have a 2015 1200 S, I’ve installed a MWR intake, Shift-Tech GP style exhaust, Rapid Bike Evo module and the Quick Shifter. Have not had a shop custom tune it yet. I’m at just about sea lvl and will post my charts once I get it done. Noticeable change in the bike, much snappier and even power curve. No crazy lurching. Dropping some pictures of the setup, thought I had a picture of the quick shifter but dont. I have the QS module attached just behind the rapid bike module.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC22F161-7A3E-450A-B0E0-0AC31B47BBF0_1574195388100.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	220824   Click image for larger version

Name:	4642DF3F-4571-46C5-BA20-09764F0EE4D0_1574195408318.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	220826   Click image for larger version

Name:	15B451B0-55D7-4650-ACAF-94042EF45862_1574195475885.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	220828   Click image for larger version

Name:	11A67160-F49C-4063-B33A-E2AEC49F0568_1574195506840.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	220830  
DarR likes this.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@TjHunter
As mentioned in my previous post #32, I would use the RB if I had to got through the flash process again. It's not the flash per se that was an issue for me. It was having to ship it out and wait for it to return. The RB is also home tune-able which is a big plus and last but not least, you can"t lose your flash by an inattentive Ducati mechanic if he performs an ecu upgrade by mistake. Also as mentioned, I have an RB unit in the garage right now which I pulled from my Panigale. However, it's earmarked for the Multistrada. Enjoy your Monster and show us your Dyno charts with a description of the performance mods on your bike..

Last edited by DarR; 11-20-2019 at 03:29 PM.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 05:52 AM

I currently own a Ducati diavel s cause I mostly use my bike for everything and riding a supersport would split my spine in two after few months. It's been 4 years since I bought the bike and now recently rode my friends monster 1200s. I loved how the ride felt and it was pretty comfortable too. Plus I think I'm in love with the way it looks especially in grey. Pictures online don't do it justice. Was wondering what are your thoughts on it and if it's worth replacing my diavel.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@joelfernandes

This is a dyno chart thread. Have you put your Diavel on a dyno?
However, to answer your question:
I currently ride both a Monster and a Multistrada which replaced a Panigale 959. I have ridden the Diavel and all current Ducati more than a couple of times each. They are all different.
Similar to a Diavel, the Monster is really fun at sub-80mph but for different reasons. Also, at that speed or above for longer time period the Multistrada is a better choice. The Panigale is awful around town but excels at hyper-speed and on the track.

This may seem counter-intuitive but a Panigale is not hard on your back at all. It's hard on your wrists (at slow speed), neck and legs after awhile. Cruisers on the other hand transmit every bump right up your spine.
Notwithstanding, I really enjoyed the Diavel for what it is although that's not my type of bike.
The Monster is very lightweight compared to the Diavel where you can really throw it around in corners.
However, bikes are not a rational purchase. It all boils down to which bike speaks to you.

Last edited by DarR; 11-25-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode