Monster 1200: Re-Mapping the ECU - Page 8 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 14Likes

post #71 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 06:07 PM

If you were to purchase factory optional aftermarket exhausts from Ducati as in Termignoni and are listed for that model then usually they come with a plug in ECU to re map the fuelling to suit.

If on the other hand you fit a non standard exhaust and this applies to all makes its best to get the fuelling re mapped, this will involve fitting a power commander or the like and getting it Dyno tuned.

Its going to get harder and more expensive to do this sort of thing as new bike fitted with anti anti slide and so forth all have control of the fuel map as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
The Rexxer EVO does not work with the M1200 yet. A Rexxer ECU Flash is $400 and must be sent in.
How about the BrenTuning Tuner for 2012+ Ducati Monster 1200 (not sure if works with the "R" but doesn't say either way)?

https://brentuningmoto.com/product/2...andheld-tuner/

Thoughts? or Reviews?

Thanks, Ben

2106 M1200R
post #73 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorheadBen View Post
How about the BrenTuning Tuner for 2012+ Ducati Monster 1200 (not sure if works with the "R" but doesn't say either way)?

Thoughts? or Reviews?

Thanks, Ben
Guys, I did email BrenTuning and they said that the handheld works with the "R", but after I purchased it they asked me to send in pictures, etc. Then BrenTuning wrote me back to say "Looks like this is a continental ECU not the melco which I cannot do with the handheld". So I am back at zero.

My issue with adding the SC Project exhaust is that I smell like burnt exhaust fumes at work (~35 mile ride). I do like the look and the sound from the pipe, but I am going to put the factory pipe back on until I can find a solution to remedy the smell. I work in a professional environment where the coolness of smelling like the backside of a dumptruck is not optimal. I was hoping that the "tune" would correct the fuel ratio to resolve the smell. Am I the only one? What are the options now? It seems Rexxer is leading, but you have to send in the ECU to have them crack it open...or maybe the RapidBike Evo autotune?

Ben

2106 M1200R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
My issue with adding the SC Project exhaust is that I smell like burnt exhaust fumes at work (~35 mile ride). I do like the look and the sound from the pipe, but I am going to put the factory pipe back on until I can find a solution to remedy the smell. I work in a professional environment where the coolness of smelling like the backside of a dumptruck is not optimal. I was hoping that the "tune" would correct the fuel ratio to resolve the smell. Am I the only one?
I'm running with an SC-Project and an un-modified ECU with no such smell that may be considered much different than completely stock. I think your ECU tune is the primary suspect.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)
post #75 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
I'm running with an SC-Project and an un-modified ECU with no such smell that may be considered much different than completely stock. I think your ECU tune is the primary suspect.

I am also running the un-modified ECU, so the tune should be the same. I'm surprised that your bike is not noticeably more fumey/smelly. I guess I'll mention it to my dealer/mechanic to see what their thoughts are.

DarR, I thought that you were going to get the Rexxer tune? Did you change your mind?

Ben

2106 M1200R
post #76 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
DarR, I thought that you were going to get the Rexxer tune? Did you change your mind?
Ben
We're still snowed in and I'm still skiing for another two, maybe three weeks. I've contacted Rexxer only just a few days ago. Although It's a pain having to send the ECU to them and also a big leap of faith, I'm going through with the ECU mod shortly when riding weather comes around.

Last edited by DarR; 03-25-2018 at 11:02 AM.
post #77 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 11:07 AM

Anyone have the bread and tuner and what are your results?

post #78 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmasta View Post
I spoke to rexer about flashing my ECU of my stock 2014 1200 this is the response I got:
Yes no issue to flash to S settings however in addition to this the open loop and exhaust servo can be deactivated as well as the torque limiters in the first 3 gears. This will make a huge difference in performance. Termi upmap keeps the bike in closed loop and servo active and is over rich past 40% throttle. I'd pick another exhaust and stick with the ecu mapping for said pipe. If you are on the fence about an exhaust just do the mapping as it wakes the bike up a ton with greater drivability.
I'm glad you're back. Have you received an explanation about: "as well as the torque limiters in the first 3 gears"? Was this simply a misunderstanding?
This one bothers me as I would like to know more about it.

post #79 of 106 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 08:19 AM

Rapid Bike woes

Iíve got a 2017 1200S with an SC Project Carbon Oval. I had a Rapid Bike Evo put on and thatís been a complete cluster. The RB does cause the bike to run better (pulls stronger). However, Iíve been getting a check engine light since the install. Very frustrating and not remedied as of yet. The SC Project exhaust is a home-run, though.
post #80 of 106 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 10:17 AM

Just posted in another thread I have sc projects carbon oval and rapid bike with a custom tune. It made 143hp and 83 torque.I have not been able to ride bike yet but tuner said it ran great on dyno. I asked about engine light he said should not be a problem with the new tune. I will post back when weather breaks and. I ride bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode