Slip on mufflers - Page 4 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 06:03 PM

Garage
Ilikebikes:

I haven't noticed any issues with the Remus exhaust burning the turn signals. I have the DP led ones that are smaller and never noticed any kind of heat damage. I recently got and R&G license plate holder and now they're slightly up from the OEM position so heat damage from the exhaust is not a concern for me.

Checking some pics on the web, the Shift Tech exhaust seems to point slighty upwards compared to the Remus or OEM exhaust and if it's already burning your turn signals it probably gets in the way of most saddlebags you might find.

So far I haven't noticed any heat issues with the bags either. As you can see on the pictures on other comments above, the SW Motech support bars hold the bags above but also outside of the exhaust tip, so it's harder to get them burnt like other bags that just hang freely and can swing in front of the exhaust if not tightly secured (it happened to me with Cortech bags, they're very well made but I wasn't thorough while securing them and they swinged towards the tire and got a big hole at the bottom)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Ilikebikes:

I haven't noticed any issues with the Remus exhaust burning the turn signals. I have the DP led ones that are smaller and never noticed any kind of heat damage. I recently got and R&G license plate holder and now they're slightly up from the OEM position so heat damage from the exhaust is not a concern for me.

Checking some pics on the web, the Shift Tech exhaust seems to point slighty upwards compared to the Remus or OEM exhaust and if it's already burning your turn signals it probably gets in the way of most saddlebags you might find.

So far I haven't noticed any heat issues with the bags either. As you can see on the pictures on other comments above, the SW Motech support bars hold the bags above but also outside of the exhaust tip, so it's harder to get them burnt like other bags that just hang freely and can swing in front of the exhaust if not tightly secured (it happened to me with Cortech bags, they're very well made but I wasn't thorough while securing them and they swinged towards the tire and got a big hole at the bottom)
thanks for the reply. I was worried about this issue when i ordered the bags, but couldn't find anyone with the combo. I took the chance, and was wrong. even though there is several inches between the muffler and the bags I can confirm that the bags will overheat and start to deform, after only 15 miles, with the shift tech exhaust. I am glad a checked after a few miles before I did any real damage to the bag. I would recommend both the bags and the exhaust separately, but not the combo. I am leaning towards a new exhaust now, because I could not find any other bag options I like. If you guys are saying the remus works well with the bags, I might just pick one up. Now just need to decide between titanium or black.

I have the DP turns as well. I use brake cleaner every couple of weeks and most of the brown wipes off, but it is finally starting to permanently discolor it.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigamica350 View Post
There are two types of termis. One without the cat and one with the cat and homolgated for "road" use. The ones without the cat have the ECU update and filter. The others do not.
Homolgated for "road" use does not imply they are homologated for emission and have cats. I have checked this out with SC-Project where some of their models are Homologated also but just for sound. They don't have cats. Homologated does not imply they have cats.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
2016 Monster 1200 R

2016 Panigale 959 (gone but shall return in a new iteration)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode