Slip on mufflers - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 05:11 AM

I have the homologated Termis for my 1200S (only because it was being discounted heavily by the dealer).

I don't think it unlocks any extra power, but the change in exhaust sound is sublime and nice. When idling, the bike sounds like it's boiling water with its burbles, and once in a while, I take out the DB killers and enjoy creating a sonic boom in the road tunnels (and pray no cops appear). It's more of a cosmetic benefit - it sure looks much nicer than the stock pipes.

2014 Monster 1200S
2012 Monster 1100 Evo
http://iantan.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 08:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro69 View Post
Nomad, What reliability issues have you heard about the Competition Werkes?

Also, I have the SW Motoech Blaze Bags and love them. Do you think the Remus pipe will b low the exhaust past the bags or directly into the bags?
ilmostro69:

Like Sonic Duck posted below, I've seen that kind of damage, maybe it's only the carbon fiber version, perhaps the full steel one won't have any problems. The Competition Werkes exhaust also points slightly upwards (similar to the passenger peg angle) and I've seen in other forums that it started to burn the turn signal. It has the cleanest look if you don't use luggage or travel with someone else, but for my needs it wasn't that good.

The Remus points in a similar angle to the stock pipes and rests somewhat in the middle of both of them, it's shorter but so far it hasn't damaged my turn signal. I'm waiting for my SW Motech saddlebages to arrive for the final test, since they have the bars that hold them on the sides of the bike, the risk of them getting burned is lower with the Remus exhaust, since they will stay out of the way.

Below is the difference in the position of the exhaust before and after the installation, it's very similar, I don't beleive it will affect the saddlebags. But there's only one way to know...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D9.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	192194  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro69 View Post
Nomad, What reliability issues have you heard about the Competition Werkes?

Also, I have the SW Motoech Blaze Bags and love them. Do you think the Remus pipe will b low the exhaust past the bags or directly into the bags?
ilmostro69:

Like Sonic Duck posted below, I've seen that kind of damage, maybe it's only the carbon fiber version, perhaps the full steel one won't have any problems. The Competition Werkes exhaust also points slightly upwards (similar to the passenger peg angle) and I've seen in other forums that it started to burn the turn signal. It has the cleanest look if you don't use luggage or travel with someone else, but for my needs it wasn't that good.

The Remus points in a similar angle to the stock pipes and rests somewhat in the middle of both of them, it's shorter but so far it hasn't damaged my turn signal. I'm waiting for my SW Motech saddlebages to arrive for the final test, since they have the bars that hold them on the sides of the bike, the risk of them getting burned is lower with the Remus exhaust, since they will stay out of the way.

Below is the difference in the position of the exhaust before and after the installation, it's very similar, I don't beleive it will affect the saddlebags. But there's only one way to know...
Thanks for the pics. I have the SW Motech Blaze bags and the stock pipe is very close to the bag, only 1 or 2 inches. From the pics you posted it looks like the Remus will give better clearance than the stock pipe. I think I'm going to go for it and order the Remus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 10:55 AM

Garage
I think it's a good choice, at least sound wise you won't be dissapointed. Let us know what you think...
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I think it's a good choice, at least sound wise you won't be dissapointed. Let us know what you think...
I ordered it yesterday..... Now I wait... 2 to 3 weeks.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:06 PM

I had the slip on termis without the cat-with the ECU remap on my 1200S for a year and a half until this spring. With DB killers it sounds fantastic and was not a problem for road use. Just about right. With DB killers out it's a little loud for some tastes but still not bad. It stands out, even at Ducati group track days. I've had a couple people comment that they could always tell when I was on the back straight.
Benefits for me:
1. Sound, including nice pops on runoff. Deeper, less clacky than stock
2. Looks. I love the carbon, proportions are just right for me with the tail tidied up and plate up under the seat.
3. Horsepower-It's there, but less than 10 on top of 145. Remember when 145 was a lot of horsepower? I could notice the difference, but only pulling hard out of a corner with the front lifting a bit. For normal road use, what's the difference between 145 and 152 horsepower, especially with all the torque these bikes have?

It's this one:
https://amsducati.com/termignoni-duc...lip-on-exhaust

Looks like I'm going to have to sell it and get another for the 1200R with a different bracket and map key. Can't find just the bracket or the map key for the R. Termignoni and Ducati dealers aren't particularly motivated to help me out with this one. If anyone's interested in a good deal on the used exhaust with the USB map key for a 1200S, PM me and help me ease the pain. I miss the sound.....

Last edited by Souldock; 05-04-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Not finished
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 09:26 AM

Garage
ilmostro69:

About the clearance with the SW-Motech saddlebags. I just installed mine and the clearance is great, I don't think they'llget burned by the exhaust. Below are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D12.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	193066   Click image for larger version

Name:	D11.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	193074  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 10:19 AM

Wow the clearance is way better than the stock pipes. Can't wait to get the pipe. Still haven't received it yet.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 08:05 PM

I received the pipe and installed it today. Clearance for the SW Motech bags is MUCH better than the stock pipes.

The Remus pipe is excellent quality manufacturing. Sound is great and the I think the power is a little more, it seems like the front wheel lifts off the ground a little easy when it did not before.

I did try the pipe with DB Killer in and also out. I prefer the sound with them in. Just a little less harsh and a little deeper. They are still loud with the DB killer in, just have that harsh edge taken off. The DB killers do not actully block the airflow directly, they just reduce the diameter of the air flow a little.

I think the pipe looks great, shows much more of the rear wheel.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 12:59 PM

sorry for the old thread resurrection. I have a question for ilmostro69, or Nomad. How are the SW motech bags holding up with the remus exhaust? Any heat issues long term?

the reason why I ask is, i just had to return home from my first planned trip with my bags because my shift tech exhaust was getting the bags too hot. The semi rigid plastic below the fabric was starting to deform. I was already having issues with my turn signal turning brown with the shift tech, but I kept using it, because i looks and sounds great. The shift tech provides much more clearance than stock, but the shift tech points the exhaust more upwards hitting the bag. I cant exactly tell from pictures if the remus points upwards less so than the shift tech. I either need to get a new slip on that is compatible with the bags (remus or other), or swap back to stock exhaust when I need to use my bags. I don't want to go back to stock exhaust because I already have a rapid bike and new air filter.

Anyone that doesn't have bags want a shift tech exhaust with about 800 miles on it, DB killer included?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode