Slip on mufflers - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 01:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConR View Post
I also run a Remus and like it. Wish it didn't clip the top corner of the wheel off as I really want to show off the entire single swing arm, but way better than stock or the Termis.

Alternatively, I'm now looking at the Competition Werkes. Sounds killer (loud!), and shows the full rear wheel off.
+1 on the comp werkes GP exhaust. That is definitely next!

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 03:14 PM

Comp Werkes is loud without DB killer insert but imo I like that. I have had no problems with it and love the way it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1461874396332.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	191842  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

2-I like a cleaner look that shows better the rear wheel, so I looked at the Competition Werkes exhaust which is the smallest and relatively cheap, but I've seen some reliability issues and it points slightly upward. I plan to have some SW-Motech saddlebags and I don't want them to get burned by the exhaust, so I looked for another option with the exhaust pointing in a similar direction as the OEM exhaust
Nomad, What reliability issues have you heard about the Competition Werkes?

Also, I have the SW Motoech Blaze Bags and love them. Do you think the Remus pipe will b low the exhaust past the bags or directly into the bags?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 06:38 PM

Garage
I was able to get the termis with the cat in them for a very cheap price. They sound louder than stock but not overly loud........still have the dB killers in them.

M1200S - Red
M659 - Stealth Black
DR650
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 07:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigamica350 View Post
I was able to get the termis with the cat in them for a very cheap price. They sound louder than stock but not overly loud........still have the dB killers in them.
Have you noticed any other benefits?

2014 Ducati Monster 1200
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 06:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astevens54 View Post
Have you noticed any other benefits?
To be honest, no.

But then I don't ride it hard and since i've put them on haven't ridden that much. Plus there is no new ECU or filter change.....

M1200S - Red
M659 - Stealth Black
DR650
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro69 View Post
Nomad, What reliability issues have you heard about the Competition Werkes?

Also, I have the SW Motoech Blaze Bags and love them. Do you think the Remus pipe will b low the exhaust past the bags or directly into the bags?

I have the Shift-Tech and love it. About the same price too.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 03:12 PM

I know that the Termi's are expensive, but isn't one of the benefits of the Termi's an ECU remap that is good for some horsepower (7?) all by itself? I have the non S 1200. It seems to me that because of this remap, the Termi's are unquestionably going to provide me the most power. Actually, isn't this also true with the S model?
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 03:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus2010 View Post
I know that the Termi's are expensive, but isn't one of the benefits of the Termi's an ECU remap that is good for some horsepower (7?) all by itself? I have the non S 1200. It seems to me that because of this remap, the Termi's are unquestionably going to provide me the most power. Actually, isn't this also true with the S model?
There are two types of termis. One without the cat and one with the cat and homolgated for "road" use. The ones without the cat have the ECU update and filter. The others do not.

M1200S - Red
M659 - Stealth Black
DR650
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 04:41 PM

Hmmm. I did not get that impression from the Ducati guys at the motorcycle show this past winter. Aren't all the accessory muffler systems/slip-ons "for off road use only"? You may be right though. I will check this out further with the mechanics at my local dealer.

Edit: I just checked the Ducatiusa website and there is a "homologated" slip-on version, but it appears to be designed for the EU market. I don't think it's available in the US because there is no price listed for it.

Anyways, with the racing version you get a remap. Does that alone unlock some horsepower? Of course it does. Therefore, a Termi racing slip-on will almost certainly give you more power than an aftermarket slip-on. Whether it's worth the extra dollars is a whole 'nother question.

Last edited by Rufus2010; 05-03-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode