Ducati Monster with Panigale Clip ons - Page 5 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 12Likes

post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:28 PM
Bub

This is one of the best threads on the forum, I love clip ons and also this lively discussion. Don't flame me but I actually now have have bar risers... why? With low bars my helmet would hit the back of my neck and speed hump- couldn't see forward very well. That's why I got a Monster instead of a Pani.

I wave to everyone on two wheels (unless it's a car).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

better late than never! so i got my GF to sit on the bike and i took a pic so you guys can have an idea of what the riding position is like.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 05:20 AM

Very interesting but it does seem to be quite a reach (in my opinion), but then we don't know if your GF is 4"8' or 6' 2", and obviously that would make a difference.

It definitely looks the part for a bike that would be ridden on high speed twisties though.
Personally I can't see it working for me as I would have a tank bag for overnighters but I'm sure you've already decided for yourself if you are satisfied with that set-up.

I must admit that it is a very nice bike though and you must be having a blast with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrussi View Post
ever since i bought this bike i wanted to put clip ons on it. i knew it was gonna be uncomfortable but it was gonna look cool. afterall if i wanna be comfortable i'll just ride the harley

the main issue on getting clip ons to fit the monster 1200S is that there are not many options due to the 57mm fork diameter. after measuring around the only other bike that has forks that big is the base 1199/1299. so that opened up clip on options. i ended up finding an opened but never installed Woodcraft 12-0157 Black Clipons set for base 899, 1199 and 1299 Panigale (57mm forks)

Since this woodcraft are 2 piece, you dont have to remove the forks to install them.

installation was a breeze. I just removed the headlight, removed the handlebar assemblies and installed the clip ons. then drilled the holes for the controls on the clip on bars and i was good to go!

Now the hard part is the headlight. since clearances are so tight I had to trim the headlight bracket to make room for the clip on assembly. I cut about 3mm in and about 7mm long. sanded it to gave it shape and make it look OEM then repainted the assembly . as you can see from the pics it looks like it came out of the factory like that! I used wrinkle black paint.

once the bracket was done, everything went back in nice an easy. there was some rerouting and wiggling cables around but nothing too hard.

and here is the final product:

The forks are tapered just below the tripple clamp!! So how do you install the clip-ons safely ? Is it sitting flat gripped ? thanks for helping, I'm in the processe right now but I have doubt...
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:28 AM

I just added clip-ons and want to clean up the look. Does anyone know if the top triple from a base 1199 will fit on the 1200s?
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:59 PM

I'd be curious of this as well! About to pick up a MY17 1200S and have always been interested in this mod since riding an older Monster with clipons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode