Anyone tried Supercorsa v2 tires? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Anyone tried Supercorsa v2 tires?

Hi guys,

Getting a new set of tires soon. Anyone here tried the supercorsa v2 on the monster 1200? Are they any good? I don't commute with my bike. Weekend warrior here.

What's the recommended size I should get? Will a 200 fit? Will it mess up my DTC?

Thanks in advance! Ride safe guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 08:25 AM

I have no experience with the V2s but regarding size, I'd stick to stock size. I know the "R" comes with the 200, but I think thats because it has increased ground clearance and can make use of a bigger tire. Otherwise I don't see any downside other than maybe cost (a few bucks) difference....

Okay one other... Since you have more tire, you won't get it over as far, leaving bigger "chicken strips" which leads to your friends making fun of you... (of course I'm joking)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawie_eugene View Post
Hi guys,

Getting a new set of tires soon. Anyone here tried the supercorsa v2 on the monster 1200? Are they any good? I don't commute with my bike. Weekend warrior here.

What's the recommended size I should get? Will a 200 fit? Will it mess up my DTC?

Thanks in advance! Ride safe guys!

2015 Monster 1200s Stripe
2016 Honda Africa Twin
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 12:50 PM

Okay one other... Since you have more tire, you won't get it over as far, leaving bigger "chicken strips" which leads to your friends making fun of you... (of course I'm joking)...[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that theory, this is the 240 Rosso rear on my Diavel from only riding it a couple hundred miles in cold, wet, leafy fall conditions. This spring the remainder of that chicken strip will be gone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	183265  

99 996
2014 Monster 1200S
2015 Diavel Carbon Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 01:46 PM

Yeah, I think I needed to provide more info in my joke...FAIL!

I was eluding to how some people like shove a ginormous tire on a small rim thinking its going to give them more traction when in reality the tire is so rounded from the sidewalls being pulled in, it actually offers less traction and they can't get the bike even as far over if they were running the stock width size...

I had a Diavel for four years. Longest I'd owned ANY motorcycle. Thats how much I liked that bike, but my agreement with the wife; "Thou shall not have more than two motorcycles" rule came into play when I wanted the Monster 1200s.

I actually dislike the phrase "chicken strips", I dislike what it implies. To me for experienced rider those untouched edges implies a smart rider who leaves margin for error.

Anyways, my Diavel's rear tire was used from edge to edge. Wasn't hard or anything I tried to do. I just rode it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montducati View Post
Okay one other... Since you have more tire, you won't get it over as far, leaving bigger "chicken strips" which leads to your friends making fun of you... (of course I'm joking)...
I don't know about that theory, this is the 240 Rosso rear on my Diavel from only riding it a couple hundred miles in cold, wet, leafy fall conditions. This spring the remainder of that chicken strip will be gone [/QUOTE]

2015 Monster 1200s Stripe
2016 Honda Africa Twin

Last edited by BushyAR15; 11-12-2015 at 01:49 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 03:13 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushyAR15 View Post
Yeah, I think I needed to provide more info in my joke...FAIL!

I was eluding to how some people like shove a ginormous tire on a small rim thinking its going to give them more traction when in reality the tire is so rounded from the sidewalls being pulled in, it actually offers less traction and they can't get the bike even as far over if they were running the stock width size...

I had a Diavel for four years. Longest I'd owned ANY motorcycle. Thats how much I liked that bike, but my agreement with the wife; "Thou shall not have more than two motorcycles" rule came into play when I wanted the Monster 1200s.

I actually dislike the phrase "chicken strips", I dislike what it implies. To me for experienced rider those untouched edges implies a smart rider who leaves margin for error.

Anyways, my Diavel's rear tire was used from edge to edge. Wasn't hard or anything I tried to do. I just rode it...

I don't know about that theory, this is the 240 Rosso rear on my Diavel from only riding it a couple hundred miles in cold, wet, leafy fall conditions. This spring the remainder of that chicken strip will be gone
[/QUOTE]

All good points Bushman, this is my second Devil, my first was a 2011 Carbon Dark, I missed it so much I just picked up this Red Carbon last month. I convinced the wife three bikes is acceptable, so I currently still have the Monster 1200S and the 996 as well. Although I just caught wind of the Thruxton R and I'm hearing "Strangers in the Night" playing in my head again, luckily I'm not as fickle with women as I am with bikes.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 05:27 PM

It might be a good experiment. If you do it, please report back with how it feels and how much life you get out of them. I'd suspect very low mileage on Supercorsas. I barely get 3k miles on a Rosso Corsa rear and I guess the Supercorsas are much softer.

As far as size, 200 is 10 mm wider than the 190... meaning 5 mm on each side. This, considering tire pressure, air temp, rider weight... seems practically the same in my book. But I'm all for trying things out and it is cool to see that "200".

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 07:08 PM

Garage
Id stick to stock size as others have stated. I wouldn't upgrade to a Supercorsa unless you are an expert rider doing really and I mean spirited riding and or track days on your Monster or have no care for wasting money. Your not going to get a lot of miles out of them. The tire is going to have a steeper profile since its a wider tire on the same size rim as your 190. Your going to have less of a contact patch while upright and will wear more in the middle but on the plus side you will have a larger contact patch while leaned over. I run a Rosso Corsa in the front and the OEM Rosso II in the rear. I use my bike for daily riding to work and semi spirited riding on the local curvy roads here in Austin/Houston area. On this bike id be more worried about pushing the front to hard and it washing out than having the rear slide on me. The DTC is pretty good and its much easier to correct a rear slide and pretty hard to correct a front end loss of traction.

14 Ducati Monster 1200 S
07 Suzuki GSX-R 600 -Race-
CMRA #323
http://www.texassportbikeriders.com
{Sponsors} Woodcraft ~ Armour Bodies ~ Driven ~ Vesrah ~ RideSmart ~ Pirelli ~ South Central Race Center ~ ASV Inventions ~
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 09:06 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1200S View Post
I run a Rosso Corsa in the front and the OEM Rosso II in the rear.
I think this is a very good strategy. If a person does tire swaps in pairs, given that the rear will wear out first no matter what hardness, a grippy front tire is a good call, I think. A little extra grip can save a crash: thousands of $ and lots of injuries/pain. I like to run the Rosso Corsas in back and front. I do a lot of hard canyon riding in warm SoCal and the Corsas "feel" like they grip a little better. I've run both and though I don't have a statistically significant data set for comparison, I feel like erring on the side of grip is a good thing, and I think the Corsa rear feels a stickier. But no matter what, I'd put a sticky tire on the font. I like this strategy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode