What tyre for the rear.... - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus2010 View Post
I'm surprised you only got 5100 km out of that tire. Looks like you primarily drive on grass. :leaves:
Rufus2010: yeah I know, the grass here in Sweden must be really harsh on the tyres

dlewis23: It seems that the Q3 tyre is not available here in Sweden/Europe....

Nobody has said anything about the Conti tyre, isn't is any good or hasn't anybody ridden that tyre?

Last edited by toksmurfen; 10-01-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 06:01 AM

I've only used a Conti Motion front and it did well as far as performance. I ended up selling the bike, so I didn't keep it long enough to see how long it lasted.

They're a good value.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 06:20 PM

I got 4200 miles out of the stock rear. I switched to Angel GTs and found that the bike turns in quicker now. They seem to have more tread depth than the stock tires. I only have about 1600 miles on them but they seem to be wearing much better than stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro69 View Post
I got 4200 miles out of the stock rear. I switched to Angel GTs and found that the bike turns in quicker now. They seem to have more tread depth than the stock tires. I only have about 1600 miles on them but they seem to be wearing much better than stock.
How's the grip compared to the Diablo Rosso II?

Last edited by toksmurfen; 10-02-2015 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 01:53 AM

Tyre choice is always a complex issue and comes down to personal preference, but for what is worth if you are doing mainly road riding and no track days and want a tyre to warm up quick, give good mileage (up to 18,000kms) and have good grip in wet or slippery conditions then it is hard to go past pilot road 4' from Michelin. I have them on my triumph and my Monster and have never had an issue with grip and get 15,000kms easy on the Triumph but haven't had them on the Monster long enough to wear them out yet. If you are doing some track days as well then Dunlop Q3's or pilot powers would be okay but they, like all purely sport tyres will not give you mileage. Anyway hope you find what suits you best. Cheers
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

I went for the Michelin Pilot Road 4.
I'll post some info how the tyre feels in the swedish autumn and yesterday I got a giftcard for a trackday next year so that'll be fun!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanevo View Post
Tyre choice is always a complex issue and comes down to personal preference, but for what is worth if you are doing mainly road riding and no track days and want a tyre to warm up quick, give good mileage (up to 18,000kms) and have good grip in wet or slippery conditions then it is hard to go past pilot road 4' from Michelin. I have them on my triumph and my Monster and have never had an issue with grip and get 15,000kms easy on the Triumph but haven't had them on the Monster long enough to wear them out yet. If you are doing some track days as well then Dunlop Q3's or pilot powers would be okay but they, like all purely sport tyres will not give you mileage. Anyway hope you find what suits you best. Cheers
Good to hear the road 4's grip well with this monster, I have them on my bmw r9t and love 'em but was wondering what another ~50 hp does to the grip availability.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toksmurfen View Post
How's the grip compared to the Diablo Rosso II?
Here is a link to a write up I did on the grip and handling of the GT's compared to the Rosso II's

https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...-gt-tires.html
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro69 View Post
Here is a link to a write up I did on the grip and handling of the GT's compared to the Rosso II's

https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...-gt-tires.html
Thanks for the writeup!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 04:35 AM

I recommend the Pilot Road's. Had the Pilot Road 2's and I never lost traction or had any issues with their grip on wet roads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode