Rizoma Eccentric Peg brackets and new pegs - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deano747

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Rizoma Eccentric Peg brackets and new pegs

I was feeling way too cramped so tried a few fixes.

End result was a set of Rox 2" Risers (see another post) and a set of these. The difference is remarkable. No problems now with my foot (right) slipping off the peg in the wet, and no problems with ground clearance.

I dropped the gear lever 1 turn, gotta do the same with the brake, but hardly use it anyway.

Before

After

And side shot. Now a little lower and a little further back so I don't feel as cramped.

Click on the images for a bigger picture
tofur likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 04:10 AM

Garage
Mate that looks alright, are they Rizoma "B-PRO"??

How are they mounted??

LOL don't worry just checked out the Rizoma site........ and have worked it out. They look pretty good.

Damo

M1200S - Red
M659 - Stealth Black
DR650

Last edited by tigamica350; 08-28-2015 at 06:35 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 08:38 AM

Garage
Deano, it doesn't look like much of a change from the stock position. Did you also do this because of boot size? I'm a size 8 1/2 boot and I'm not sure I would want to bring the pegs any further back without the shifter following it.

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Size 9 boot. Actually the shift felt much better, smoother, but that may have been the result of just having the 1st annual service done that morning before the postman brought me the packages. The shifter felt in a perfectly comfortable position after I had wound it down that 1 turn. It certainly doesn't look like much of a change, and I was initially hoping for more, but on my short 70 km test ride, the whole thing just felt like the ergonomics Ducati should have built the bike with. Even my right foot doesn't seem as cramped up against the exhaust shroud anymore. (I have the full Termi system fitted and that's a bit fatter than stock). I am going to wind the brake pedal down as well, just too lazy to do it yesterday, and I had to swivel my foot up to use it, but again, the stretch to it seemed fine.

Oh, and the eccentric brackets can be locked in 6 or 8 (can't remember exactly) positions, so you could have it just straight down if you wished. So that would give slightly more down, but exactly the same distance to the shifter. I did 1 position back from straight down.

Last edited by Deano747; 08-28-2015 at 12:20 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 04:42 AM

Garage
Hey folks. sorry to revive an old thread. Was hoping the OP, or anyone else that's using them, could speak to how the pegs are working out and did they turn out to be as big a change in comfort in the long run. Thank you.

2011 BMW R1200RT
2012 Victory Cross Country
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

So long ago I really can't remember what the old set felt like. I do recall not being comfortable before and not really enjoying the riding.

Now, It just feels right.

Remember that I also fitted the Rox Risers and that went some way to fixing my cramped feeling for the upper body, the pegs fixed the legs. I am regular height at 6' and 32" inseam.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 07:29 PM

Garage
Fantastic, thank you. Was hoping you would say you're still comfortable on the bike after all this time... ride safe...

2011 BMW R1200RT
2012 Victory Cross Country
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 05:10 PM

Bought these too trying to decide if I'll do them straight down or down and one back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode