Found1200S Screen Protector/Glare eliminator 75% - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 4Likes

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 08:59 PM

Must get the matte finish to reduce glare. I spent 3.99 from Hong Kong. Perfect

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE_YZ1200 View Post
Must get the matte finish to reduce glare. I spent 3.99 from Hong Kong. Perfect

Lee, would you say that there's a substantial difference or...? Could you post a link of the one you got ?

Thanks

PS : If anyone could post some pics showing the difference with one installed i'd really appreciate it
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 05:12 AM

Absolutly it makes a difference, I mainly got it to protect the plastic screen from scratches. As simply wiping dirt off with gloves leaves permanent scratches in it. Ill post some pics tomorrow for you

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Classico Rosso likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 10:52 AM

Thanks man, i appreciate it

Will wait for the pics, cheers !
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 10:59 AM

Gents, i'm ready to pull the trigger on one but i know [email protected] all which one to get - and it's not about the friggin' 10€ either, it's just that i'd hate to buy and install something which it might prove worthless at the end of the day especially after waiting 10 days for it to arrive from the intrawebs...

There's one from Speedo Angels and another one from Brotect amongst other ones, most are offered in clear and matte finishes, what say you ? I mean, Lee says it works and JosephHanna says it does jack and [email protected]

Last edited by Rosso Classico; 10-04-2016 at 11:20 AM.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 05:20 PM

If the sun is high and shines directly into the screen then yep, you still cant see shit. evrn with the matte finish. but in saying that, it reduces glare in every other situation. Def dont go gloss or it will be just as bad as stock!
It never bothered me that bad anyway, i put it on more to stop scratching the screen just like my mobile phone screen😎

I will be installing a carbon 1/4 fairing soon anyway, so that should eliminate glare?

Classico Rosso likes this.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 03:33 PM

So, i installed the matte one from Speedo angels (good, straight-up/no bullshit packaging and fast delivery btw) and...It does improve readability - you still have to put the display into night-mode though for better results.

What i don't like - and this is just a pet peeve of mine - is that the screen is more blurry now - typical of matte protectors really (same thing on smartphone screens) and that - for the life of me - was never able to install these friggin' things without A) leaving air bubbles underneath them and B) aligning them properly

Anyway, for 10€, and just for the fact that it protects the easily scratch-able display made from haribo jelly AND also helping with the readability (somewhat) i'm happy

In the future i'll be also trying the ultra-clear non-matte one as to see if there's any noticeable difference between them.

Cheers

Last edited by Rosso Classico; 10-26-2016 at 03:35 PM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 06:09 PM

Garage
Maybe we have had different experience, I also had the Speedo Angels in matte finish installed on my last ride, in some situations I actually found it worse than without the screen protector. Maybe it's the blurry effect that Rosso mentioned. So now I'm considering removing it, I don't know, I might keep it for scratch protection though.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegarider View Post
Maybe we have had different experience, I also had the Speedo Angels in matte finish installed on my last ride, in some situations I actually found it worse than without the screen protector. Maybe it's the blurry effect that Rosso mentioned. So now I'm considering removing it, I don't know, I might keep it for scratch protection though.

I think it's because it's indeed blurrier compared to stock, still, it's definitely better (not by much though) compared to not having it installed.

Give the ultra-clear a try if the matte one isn't to your liking - just have something put on it to avoid the damned scratches
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 10:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classico Rosso View Post
I think it's because it's indeed blurrier compared to stock, still, it's definitely better (not by much though) compared to not having it installed.

Give the ultra-clear a try if the matte one isn't to your liking - just have something put on it to avoid the damned scratches
I believe the ultra clear will be quite glossy, I have it on my phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode