I replace the air filter after 18K Km. - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
iec
Member
 
iec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 92
I replace the air filter after 18K Km.

Looks odd for me that the air filter can last 30K Km , so i decided to replace it...it's only 38$ for the OEM filter & for my bike & me it tooks a big difference ! the bike now runs better for sure & i'm happier

20 min work at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150627_102713_HDR.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	172689   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150627_104757_HDR.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	172697   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150627_102852_HDR.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	172705  
iec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 128
I thought the 9k mile (about 15k km) service involve cleaning and/or replacing the air filter? (Maybe I'm wrong. Have to check the manual again.)

Last edited by Rufus2010; 07-05-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Rufus2010 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
iec
Member
 
iec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus2010 View Post
I thought the 9k mile (about 15k km) service involve cleaning and/or replacing the air filter? (Maybe I'm wrong. Have to check the manual again.)
While i had the 15K km service, the dealer didn't even check the filter.
I ask him about it & he told me that this is not necessary... so i did it my self.

The filter was very dirty! even sun ray could not get through it.
iec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 59
15k service just says to clean the air filter under the tank and the filter by the exhaust. 30k is when you are supposed to swap in a new filter.
JohnnyBeGouda is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 32
Just a curiosity. How difficult is to remove the tank on the 1200 ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by iec View Post
Looks odd for me that the air filter can last 30K Km , so i decided to replace it...it's only 38$ for the OEM filter & for my bike & me it tooks a big difference ! the bike now runs better for sure & i'm happier

20 min work at home.

2014 Red Ducati Monster 1200s
marcof is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
M1200S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 114
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcof View Post
Just a curiosity. How difficult is to remove the tank on the 1200 ?
I am also wondering the same thing. I have the WSM and it seems pretty straight forward. Im just worried about the part were I have to disconnect the fuel lines and lift the tank. Last thing I want to do is scratch my tank. I have a brand new BMC filter to put in it.
M1200S is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Member

 
rocroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 91
Garage
Remove the tank? Why? To lift it is a matter of 30 seconds.
rocroc is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 32
I was looking at this photo of your monster :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124412...7645613996338/

Is it really simple to lift the tank ?. Nothing to disconnect ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocroc View Post
Remove the tank? Why? To lift it is a matter of 30 seconds.

2014 Red Ducati Monster 1200s
marcof is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 05:33 AM
Member

 
rocroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 91
Garage
1. Slide elastic under the ignition switch cover out of knob. No need to remove the ignition switch cover.
2. The tank should be near empty (maximum one third) if you go in the highest possible position (else gasoline leaks through the tank`s inlet).
3. Remove the tube of the tank ventilation (front left side). If you don't it will be removed by lifting the tank.
4. You need some strength to lift the tank. It is very tight with the cables on the left side of the air filter.
5. Don't forget to reconnect the tube of the tank ventilation while setting the tank in place.
rocroc is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 32
Thank you for the instructions. One more question about point 3)

Can you remove the tube for the tank ventilation just by pulling it or do you need to remove any clips ? I am asking because it is not clear from the service manual.

Thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocroc View Post
1. Slide elastic under the ignition switch cover out of knob. No need to remove the ignition switch cover.
2. The tank should be near empty (maximum one third) if you go in the highest possible position (else gasoline leaks through the tank`s inlet).
3. Remove the tube of the tank ventilation (front left side). If you don't it will be removed by lifting the tank.
4. You need some strength to lift the tank. It is very tight with the cables on the left side of the air filter.
5. Don't forget to reconnect the tube of the tank ventilation while setting the tank in place.

2014 Red Ducati Monster 1200s
marcof is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome