rev limiter fault - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 3Likes

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Classico View Post
Hahaha, i feel ya Scuba, hope you enjoyed the "GRGRGRGRGRGGRKRAKRAKRA" sound, 'tis a beautiful thing no ?

On a positive side though, that's something that can happen on any bike my good man if you happen to find the "in-between" gear, that grinding sound = NOPE
My initial desire was to pull over turn her off and give her a hug.....it was awful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4r View Post
When I read this. I am so happy with my old Monsters.
No tons of faulty electronics.
Yeah but let me tell you it rained pretty hard over hear the other day. Once it dried I went out for a ride. I got carried away and slid on some sand that got washed into the curve..... I almost shit myself. The traction control kicked in for the briefest of moments and did something...not sure what but I was fucking grateful. Without it I may have beenlaunched over the bars once the rear regrabbed the road. Love that safety PAC AUDI!!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 07:16 AM
s4r

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman View Post
Yeah but let me tell you it rained pretty hard over hear the other day. Once it dried I went out for a ride. I got carried away and slid on some sand that got washed into the curve..... I almost shit myself. The traction control kicked in for the briefest of moments and did something...not sure what but I was fucking grateful. Without it I may have beenlaunched over the bars once the rear regrabbed the road. Love that safety PAC AUDI!!
If it works, than it's great.

I agree for that.

And you had your lucky day
Scubaman likes this.

Always the First, Always the Best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman View Post
It sounds like the APS sensor. It is the entire throttle grip with cable and sensor. Search for TPS or throttle positions sensor. It happened to me.
Sure enough, it was the APS. They changed the throttle assembly and all fixed
Scubaman likes this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano747 View Post
Sure enough, it was the APS. They changed the throttle assembly and all fixed
My bike was out of commition for two weeks waiting for the part. This should have been a recall.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 07:32 PM

I've just had the same thing happen to my monster 1200. It started with the engine warning lights lighting up several times, which would go off once I turned the bike off then back on. Now the lights are always on and the bike will not rev over 4000 rpm. I've had the display replaced due to water leaking into it. Guess that the throttle assembly is next. My bike has done just under 6000 km.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 09:26 PM

Just had my entire throttle assembly replaced at dealers cost. Had the 4000 rpm rev limited ride to the dealer. I had even left the bike running so the owner could see for himself. They tried clearing the error codes first, sent me home. I made it half way to work the next day, maybe 10-15km total. They picked it up and the repair was free, just a $45 hit for the latest software.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 08:33 PM

Garage
So weird my 2015 has been flawless over 3000 miles. Never missed beat. Hit the fake neutral a couple of times when lazy shifting but I blame myself being too gentle on her. Other than that, what a machine.
Scubaman likes this.

2015 Ducati Monster 1200
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmonster View Post
So weird my 2015 has been flawless over 3000 miles. Never missed beat. Hit the fake neutral a couple of times when lazy shifting but I blame myself being too gentle on her. Other than that, what a machine.
I hate it when I do that. Mine did stall a few times too. Twice to be exact that scared the shit out of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode