Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Rizoma drag bar and undertray

21K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Brianq103 
#1 ·
Installed the dragbar and the undertail & blinkers :)

#22 · (Edited)
OK gentlemen, i know that it's an old thread but i have a few questions regarding the drag bar :

The stock handlebar is killing my right elbow for some reason, every time i get off the bike i have this constant pain in the inside part of my right hand/elbow, NEVER had this problem on my M796 which had a more hunched/sporty riding position...
I suppose that the pain i'm feeling is because the 1200 has different riding position (more upright) in combination with the OEM handlebar (mounted angle/height), so :

- Will the Rizoma Drag bar alleviate the muscle pain problem ? I'm looking at a more sporty riding position like my previous 796 which, for some reason, i found it to be more comfortable in the long run compared to the stock 1200 as you didn't feel like a frigging sail above the 120Km/h mark (plus, again, no muscle pain in the arm).

- Since we all know that there are clearance issues with the stock bar (i.e: even a static drop can result in denting the tank), will the Rizoma Drag bars also help regarding this or will it make the problem worse in case of a drop ?

Any info will be appreciated, i have a 2000+Km trip coming up and i'd like not having my right arm/elbow die on me (or leave me with a chronic muscle pain).

Thanks

#24 ·
Stuner, much appreciated friend ;)

I'm asking about the Rizoma drag bars though which the ones in your pics aren't, i need something more sporty, not "relaxed" as the OEM ones if that makes sense.

1st and foremost, i need them not to kill my elbow and 2nd not to create any extra problems in case of a drop (tank clearance etc).

Thanks

#25 · (Edited)
Rosso:

I recently installed the Rizoma Drag bar, along with the risers. I did it this way because 1-I wasn't sure that the controls wouldn't hit the tank without the risers and 2- the riser kit alows me to place my phone holder (which is ridiculously huge, but it's waterproof and it didn't fit well with the OEM bar) and a camera bracket in the center of the bar which is very nice. Despite having the risers the bar sits lower overall and the position is much better on the highway or while you're having fun in some twisty roads, as you said it's a bit more aggressive without going to clip ons level which are too much for me. In slow traffic or slow downhills it's a bit uncomfortable because of the lean angle that ads more pressure on the wrists, but I think I'll get used to that. In the higway helps to reduce the sail effect and give me a better stretch to the controls, this might help with your elbow issue since I tended to have my elbows bent a little bit to the back with the OEM bar. I like to have more reach to it and feel better control under hard acceleration.

The controls are closer to the tank since they don't have the swoop up, so they might hit it in a drop, but that might be the case with the OEM bar too, so just don't drop it :)

Overall, I like the result, It looks better and rides better outside of traffic areas. It's livable in traffic, just try to avoid it as much as possible. Also avoid going downhill in rocky/uneven surfaces (lots of towns with stone streets around here) it gets painful really fast.

I will install the Rizoma adjustable footpegs and try to fine tune my riding position with the bar. I'm attaching a couple of pics of the mounted bar. Hope it's useful.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.