Rizoma drag bar and undertray - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 8Likes

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

We lined it up by feeling
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1426353265180.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	161265   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1426353301083.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	161273  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:22 AM

OK gentlemen, i know that it's an old thread but i have a few questions regarding the drag bar :

The stock handlebar is killing my right elbow for some reason, every time i get off the bike i have this constant pain in the inside part of my right hand/elbow, NEVER had this problem on my M796 which had a more hunched/sporty riding position...
I suppose that the pain i'm feeling is because the 1200 has different riding position (more upright) in combination with the OEM handlebar (mounted angle/height), so :

- Will the Rizoma Drag bar alleviate the muscle pain problem ? I'm looking at a more sporty riding position like my previous 796 which, for some reason, i found it to be more comfortable in the long run compared to the stock 1200 as you didn't feel like a frigging sail above the 120Km/h mark (plus, again, no muscle pain in the arm).

- Since we all know that there are clearance issues with the stock bar (i.e: even a static drop can result in denting the tank), will the Rizoma Drag bars also help regarding this or will it make the problem worse in case of a drop ?

Any info will be appreciated, i have a 2000+Km trip coming up and i'd like not having my right arm/elbow die on me (or leave me with a chronic muscle pain).

Thanks

Last edited by Rosso Classico; 08-25-2017 at 07:24 AM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Classico View Post
OK gentlemen, i know that it's an old thread but i have a few questions regarding the drag bar :

The stock handlebar is killing my right elbow for some reason, every time i get off the bike i have this constant pain in the inside part of my right hand/elbow, NEVER had this problem on my M796 which had a more hunched/sporty riding position...
I suppose that the pain i'm feeling is because the 1200 has different riding position (more upright) in combination with the OEM handlebar (mounted angle/height), so :

- Will the Rizoma Drag bar alleviate the muscle pain problem ? I'm looking at a more sporty riding position like my previous 796 which, for some reason, i found it to be more comfortable in the long run compared to the stock 1200 as you didn't feel like a frigging sail above the 120Km/h mark (plus, again, no muscle pain in the arm).

- Since we all know that there are clearance issues with the stock bar (i.e: even a static drop can result in denting the tank), will the Rizoma Drag bars also help regarding this or will it make the problem worse in case of a drop ?

Any info will be appreciated, i have a 2000+Km trip coming up and i'd like not having my right arm/elbow die on me (or leave me with a chronic muscle pain).

Thanks
I had the Rizoma bars on my 1200s and it flet great but I forgot the rise and sweep on the bars. The oem bars are way too wide.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:39 AM

Stuner, much appreciated friend

I'm asking about the Rizoma drag bars though which the ones in your pics aren't, i need something more sporty, not "relaxed" as the OEM ones if that makes sense.

1st and foremost, i need them not to kill my elbow and 2nd not to create any extra problems in case of a drop (tank clearance etc).

Thanks
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 12:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Classico View Post
Stuner, much appreciated friend

I'm asking about the Rizoma drag bars though which the ones in your pics aren't, i need something more sporty, not "relaxed" as the OEM ones if that makes sense.

1st and foremost, i need them not to kill my elbow and 2nd not to create any extra problems in case of a drop (tank clearance etc).

Thanks
Rosso:

I recently installed the Rizoma Drag bar, along with the risers. I did it this way because 1-I wasn't sure that the controls wouldn't hit the tank without the risers and 2- the riser kit alows me to place my phone holder (which is ridiculously huge, but it's waterproof and it didn't fit well with the OEM bar) and a camera bracket in the center of the bar which is very nice. Despite having the risers the bar sits lower overall and the position is much better on the highway or while you're having fun in some twisty roads, as you said it's a bit more aggressive without going to clip ons level which are too much for me. In slow traffic or slow downhills it's a bit uncomfortable because of the lean angle that ads more pressure on the wrists, but I think I'll get used to that. In the higway helps to reduce the sail effect and give me a better stretch to the controls, this might help with your elbow issue since I tended to have my elbows bent a little bit to the back with the OEM bar. I like to have more reach to it and feel better control under hard acceleration.

The controls are closer to the tank since they don't have the swoop up, so they might hit it in a drop, but that might be the case with the OEM bar too, so just don't drop it

Overall, I like the result, It looks better and rides better outside of traffic areas. It's livable in traffic, just try to avoid it as much as possible. Also avoid going downhill in rocky/uneven surfaces (lots of towns with stone streets around here) it gets painful really fast.

I will install the Rizoma adjustable footpegs and try to fine tune my riding position with the bar. I'm attaching a couple of pics of the mounted bar. Hope it's useful.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Estacas 2.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	208778   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	208786  
Rosso Classico likes this.

Last edited by Nomad; 08-26-2017 at 11:02 AM.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Rosso:

I recently installed the Rizoma Drag bar, along with the risers. I did it this way because 1-I wasn't sure that the controls wouldn't hit the tank without the risers and 2- the riser kit alows me to place my phone holder (which is ridiculously huge, but it's waterproof and it didn't fit well with the OEM bar) and a camera bracket in the center of the bar which is very nice. Despite having the risers the bar sits lower overall and the position is much better on the highway or while you're having fun in some twisty roads, as you said it's a bit more aggressive without going to clip ons level which are too much for me. In slow traffic or slow downhills it's a bit uncomfortable because of the lean angle that ads more pressure on the wrists, but I think I'll get used to that. In the higway helps to reduce the sail effect and give me a better stretch to the controls, this might help with your elbow issue since I tended to have my elbows bent a little bit to the back with the OEM bar. I like to have more reach to it and feel better control under hard acceleration.

The controls are closer to the tank since they don't have the swoop up, so they might hit it in a drop, but that might be the case with the OEM bar too, so just don't drop it

Overall, I like the result, It looks better and rides better outside of traffic areas. It's livable in traffic, just try to avoid it as much as possible. Also avoid going downhill in rocky/uneven surfaces (lots of towns with stone streets around here) it gets painful really fast.

I will install the Rizoma adjustable footpegs and try to fine tune my riding position with the bar. I'm attaching a couple of pics of the mounted bar. Hope it's useful.
Amazing post Nomad,couldn't have been more thorough !

So, riding position with the drag bars seems like the one i looking for judging by your comments, shame about the tank clearance though - was looking at some pics in another forum and - for some reason - it looked like they cleared the tank better compared to the OEM one since they're shorter and more forward(?), also, i think that there's no need for risers on our 1200's but you do need to install them on a 821, just saying, you explained why you did so.

Welp, looks like i'll have to open my friggin' wallet again - bikes - no one's said that they're a cheap hobby
Hope my handlebar bag will still be compatible after the change though 'cause if not...yeah

Thanks friend, appreciate it
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 08:45 PM

Garage
I'm putting friggin' ATV bars on this thing to clear the gas tank!

With the Rizoma 60mm risers this should put the bars nicely above my head!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SOFT_BARS_ GEN_II.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	208826  

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianq103 View Post
I'm putting friggin' ATV bars on this thing to clear the gas tank!

With the Rizoma 60mm risers this should put the bars nicely above my head!
Quantum and ebourqueIII like this.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 06:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Duck View Post
Put forward foot controls on that sucker and then you'll have somethin'!
Sonic Duck likes this.

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode