Finally Corbin makes a seat for the 1200 - Page 8 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes

post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 04:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
I was thinking exactly the same. Didn't see one on their website however. It would certainly be cheaper than buying a Multi for two-up riding.
Apparently, Corbin is looking for 2016+ Monster R&S models for R&D.

From Corbins website: "As much as we'd like to, we can't buy every new bike that hits the street. Problem is we need the bike in our R&D department to make parts for it. See where we're headed with this?

Yeah, just like all yer pals, we want to borrow your bike! Difference here is that we're willing to make it worth your while... quid pro quo. If you let our R&D boys borrow your bike, we'll give you the first production piece for free. Simple.

Here's our current Most Wanted list: Ducati: 2016+ Monster R&S"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 09:02 PM

Garage
@drspencer I know a few shops that use that policy "lend us you bike as a Guinea pig and you get the fist product for free" . Personally, I think every shop should do this.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 10:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
@drspencer I know a few shops that use that policy "lend us you bike as a Guinea pig and you get the fist product for free" . Personally, I think every shop should do this.
Regrettably, it looks as though Corbin does not presently make a Gunfighter for the 201-207 R model bikes.

Are there any other manufacturers that do? I can't find much.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 05:35 AM

Garage
I know. Hopefully they will make one soon as I believe 2017 Monster seats all seem the same: base, S and R. Not 100% sure however.
I could use a Two-Up seat such as this: http://www.corbin.com/ducati/dm12s14gl.shtml
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dm12s14gl_6t.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	208282  

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 08:33 AM

For those that bought the Corbin seat for your Monster, now that you have had it for a while, any complaints? I am looking around to get a seat, not necessarily for me cause I like the stock seat, but for whenever I ride up 2-up. I need something more comfortable for 2-up riding since the stock seat is not really made for a passenger.

I found this Corbin website that makes seats for the Monster, even with a back rest!!! I was looking on YouTube about it, and there were some negative comments of "DO NOT BUY," but looking on here, seems to have very positive feedback about the seat. So I trust my fellow Monster riders over YouTube comments.

Any regrets buying it? How's the quality holding up? Have you taken a passenger on it yet, and what is their feedback, especially if you have the back rest? Any sketchiness about the quality of the back rest how it's held in place?

I know that the site goes up to the 2016 M821, I have the 2017 M821, anyone know if there are any dimension differences in which the seat won't work?
post #76 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 02:59 PM

Garage
I'm happy with mine. At first I thought "no way this is going to be comfortable" because it is firm, but the shape and how it doesn't slope towards the tank are what make the difference. My "boys" are much happier not slamming into the tank slowing down quickly going into corners! I can't speak to passenger comfort as the stock seat ruined the idea of my wife going on the back of the Monster with the "vag-gripper" pointy area down the middle of the pillion part of the seat.

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
post #77 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 03:25 PM

The "vag-gripper" HAHA! Funny thing is that, the only reason I am considering a more comfy seat is because I took my wife out for a ride yesterday, and her complaint was that split down the middle of the pillion seat that was very uncomfortable. Otherwise, she said the posture of being back there wasn't bad.
Glad to hear you still like it. I emailed them today to inquire about if their 2016 M821 seat will fit my 2017 one since they only advertise to 2016 M821.
post #78 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 01:13 PM

I still use my Corbin seat all the time. I have a 14 monster so I can't speak for your model year. I've never had any issues with it (rips or loose stitching) and it is really comfortable. My wife likes it so much better than the useless stock seat. The backrest works well. She's never complained about it and we go on rides that usually last 3-4 hours if not longer at times. I definitely don't regret the purchase and would do it again if I had to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode