Heated Gear - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauprgu View Post
Hi,

Based on the electrical diagram of the Monster 1200, there is a Sumitono HM-90 connector under the tank ( front ) on the left side.

This electrical connector is fused at 7.5 amps or 90 watts and is activated when you turn on the key.

P.S. As always...used at your own risk!!!!

Guy
This circuit is fine for GPS, Radar, Heated Grips. However, if you try to run heated clothing as well, you will very likely exceed the circuit capacity. I tried it and blew the fuse. My heated grips are about 2.5A. My heated jacket liner and pants liner are about 7-8A at highest setting. I subsequently wired my heated clothing directly to the battery. The heated clothing (Warm & Safe) harness comes with a 30A fuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmasta View Post
How do wire it so you power your GPS, phone, or heated gloves? Is there an adapter for Sumitono HM-90?
You can search for an adapter but since you want to power three items, you can just very easily splice into the conductors with wire tap squeeze connectors from Amazon or Radio Shack and then stuff everything back under the tank/frame rail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode