Pirelli Diablo - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Pirelli Diablo

I turned 7,000 kms with my 1200 today. A quick inspection of the tires tells me I am probably good for another 1,000 kms and they are done. Any other good alternative out there than the pirelli ? Great tires but I am not a hard rider and I am looking to get a bit more tire tread life .

Ducati Monster 1200,, 2014
Buell lightning XB12 S 2008
Harley FLHX 2012
BMW K1300 GT 2011
Harley FLHTCUI 2007
Ducati S2R 1000 2007
And 18 others since 1967
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 04:01 PM

Garage
Another question is: will it effect traction control and ABS by change the make of tire?

2014 Ducati Monster 1200
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 05:34 PM

Pirelli Angel GT's offer amazing grip and much longer wear than the Diablo Rosso's. They are dual compound with a harder rubber in the middle for long life and a softer, stickier compound for leaning the bike over when cornering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 01:21 PM

3,100 miles and the rear is pretty much shot. Getting a set of Angel GT's before the ride up to Indy for MotoGP. Used an Angel ST on the front of my Diavel and got much better mileage without a noticeable drop in performance.

I have no reservations with those and the electronics. I've ridden most of my life without 'em and I don't think less grip is going to make it less effective (think about it, it works generally off slip so more grip would be more problematic for the brains than less).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 08:05 AM
mtb

Yeah, of course Ducati says you will have to adjust the TC and ABS settings if you change from the stock tires.

I have about 1100 miles on mine so far with no discernable wear, but then I take corners fairly fast and get it leaned over pretty far, and my daily commute has a number of on/off ramps both on the left and right of the highway, so maybe that is just causing the tire to wear evenly? Or 1100 miles just isn't enough to tell.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 08:51 AM

Garage
I like the Rosso II's, but a guy I ride has an 848 and he swears by them. I am aggressive, but short of being an ass (or so I think). The rears averages 3500-4500 miles and I am on my 3rd rear and 2nd front.

M1100 EVO Anniversary 140/200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode