Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Happy New Years! I'm back! Winter mods for M1100 EVO!

8K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  ANNIVERSARYEVO1100 
#1 · (Edited)
**** it's been over a year, finally got my account restored after that big change and I lost access. Recent mods include New Rage Cycles integrated tail, replacing my Ducati Monster Tailchop one (super nice, love it and so much more room for activities!), Rizoma Next tanks replacing those fugly pisscups, turn signals, CNC Racing flange, Oberon clutch slave with a fancy new red cable (hawt!, at LEAST +0.002 hp added), ASV levers along with some carbon fiber goodness. Next up for the winter includes a **** ton of stuff from Ducabike (Pilot rearsets, that nifty handlebar switch that looks like a MotoGP bike, and a damper, oil bath cover with new pressure plate, etc.), more carbon fiber, and some new wheels (gold Oz Racing Gass-RS more than likely). Any plans for winter mods on your beasts?

See less See more
Reactions: donlycan2
#3 ·
Rizoma zero turns should be installed this weekend and need to order longer rear brake line to finish my rear set swap. Couple of carbon parts(chain guard and heel guards). Then maybe a 14 tooth front.

Great build on your part. Look forward to seeing more!!!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Great looking bike you've got there! Nice mods, headers & pipe look great. I got mine back in October and last week installed the evotech fender eliminator - what a difference! I can stare at it for an hour! My last two street bikes were an 03' and then a '13 Yamaha FZ1 and they were fantastic, do-it-all bikes, but this 1100 EVO is hands down the FUNNEST bike I've ever had - and my first Ducati. Love it.
Other than looks, whats your opinion of the clutch slave you installed?

#10 ·
Nice! Agreed, the bike is a major hoot. One of my all-time favorite bikes owned (out of 52 now), and next to my current Multistrada probably one of my favorite Ducs (out of 9 owned). That fender eliminator is nice, just cleans it up. Evotech makes good stuff.

The Oberon slave is one of those must-haves. First up, unlike the stock clutch slave, the breather hole is at the bottom (as opposed to the breather hole facing the countershaft sprocket on the stock one and sucking in all of that grit). Also the clutch pull is butter - they say a good 30% or so, but I swear it's closer to 40-45% less pull for me at the lever with this particular slave. It's that noticeable. I put a new line on it when I swapped it out, 30k miles was pretty good on that stock line. Plus the red makes it at LEAST +0.00002 HP. What mods do you have planned next? I think next up I'm going to do rearsets (Ducabike Pilot) and some more carbon fiber.

#11 ·
Next mods for me are, the clutch slave, and trying the 14 T countershaft sprocket. The sprocket, I already have - just need to install. When i was picking up my bike at the dealer, one of the service guys was standing there and mentioned to me that swapping the clutch slave was something that I should consider. So, for the relatively low cost for one, it seems they offer big gains in return. After that, I will get the ECU reflashed for sure, and probably some sort of exhaust change. I kind of like the dual muffler look, but it seems, in pictures anyway, the Termi's look almost as big and long as the stock set-up. What I really like are the Termi cans for the 1200. Those look really great - shorter length, a little more 'modern' looking...there would just have to be some kind of modification to make them bolt up to the 1100 - if its even possible. We'll see.

#18 ·
** it's been over a year, finally got my account restored after that big change and I lost access. Recent mods include New Rage Cycles integrated tail, replacing my Ducati Monster Tailchop one (super nice, love it and so much more room for activities!), Rizoma Next tanks replacing those fugly pisscups, turn signals, CNC Racing flange, Oberon clutch slave with a fancy new red cable (hawt!, at LEAST +0.002 hp added), ASV levers along with some carbon fiber goodness. Next up for the winter includes a ** ton of stuff from Ducabike (Pilot rearsets, that nifty handlebar switch that looks like a MotoGP bike, and a damper, oil bath cover with new pressure plate, etc.), more carbon fiber, and some new wheels (gold Oz Racing Gass-RS more than likely). Any plans for winter mods on your beasts?

I own # 136 OUT OF 200. I see that you have added the "bikini" fairing to your bike.
I am in the process of also adding the fairing but am having a hell of a time installing it....did you find instructions somewhere? I can't find anything anywhere...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.