Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Some recent mods to the 1100s

10K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  hållundan 
#1 ·
Added some 20th anniversary rear sets as well as some Ducati performance mirrors. Seems like the rear brake line is very tight now don't know if anyone can shed some light on this....

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Hello Charger22,
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.
Got a couple things for you.
I did the exact same foot control change with assemblies from a 2008 Monster. I got a custom brake line made by Spiegler (www.spieglerusa.com) for $80 including shipping back in March of '16. I used a 90 degree fitting at the master cylinder so that the brake line comes down in front of the swingarm pivot then under to go into the brake line guide. And a 15 degree fitting at the caliper. You'll have to measure for the additional length which is about 5 inches longer than the original if my memory serves me.
I got a SpeedoDRD from 12oclocklabs.com to correct the 8% error built into the speedometer reading.
I also got a quick change rear sprocket setup from AFAM. As you already know, stock gearing was 15/39. I changed it to 15/43 and added 2 links to the chain length to keep the center distance between sprockets almost the same as original. Almost the same as just putting a 14 on the front. But, with a greater chain life because of the lower tensile forces being put into the chain due to the larger radius if the 15 vs the 14. Still good for 138 at the rev limiter in 6th, according to www.gearingcommander.com, with big smile difference in acceleration. The only caution to this is the chain adjustment. The adjustment dimension on the swingarm sticker is no longer valid. With the larger radius of the 43t sprocket, that dimension is now 2-7/8 (73mm).
Hope some of this is helpful.
Leon

#15 · (Edited)
Awesome mods and nice bike to TS! I'm improving mine as well with a lot of modifications, currently visible to be seen here: www.instagram.com/ducmonster1100s

I had a performance one before, and it is more towards comfort (thicker foam) and it goes with red stiching. Will see if I could get hold of a picture showing the difference.

See here. Up picture is having the performance seat. The lower one does have the stock.
here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.