Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/)
-   Ducati MOB (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-mob/)
-   -   Resignation as DML mod (https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-mob/185488-resignation-dml-mod.html)

spidey 05-05-2008 12:37 PM

Resignation as DML mod

22690 05-05-2008 01:39 PM

Re: Resignation as DML mod

Spanks you for all the work! Now you can tell us how you *really* feel ;D

smducman 05-05-2008 03:12 PM

Spidey ,

Nice to meeting you and thanks all nice work you drop into this DML site .

Regards

SMDucman.

eobo 05-05-2008 03:48 PM

Spidey,

thanks a bunch mang. I hope those who take the helm do as good as you guys did! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Juan 05-05-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eobo
Spidey,

thanks a bunch mang. I hope those who take the helm do as good as you guys did! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

+ 1 on that...~~ [thumbsup]

Mostrobelle 05-05-2008 04:16 PM

Thanks for your contribution. [thumbsup]

I'm getting the feeling that there was a singular straw causing the camel's back to break. Is there a message being sent here of which we should be aware something that's been coming for a while? I guess I'm asking if this is a rally cry of sorts or merely a throwing in of the towel. I don't want to be the dufus standing here with my hands in my pockets as the protest goes on outside my door, ya know? If there's more to this, then pipe up. I don't mind taking action when something calls for it.

DrunkenMonkey 05-05-2008 04:32 PM

For me (yeah, I resigned too. But do I get any love? Nooooooo. [cheeky]) it boils down to:

I'm just not thrilled volunteering my time for a for profit company that doesn't appear to share my love of this place.

mmoore 05-05-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mostrobelle
Thanks for your contribution. [thumbsup]

I'm getting the feeling that there was a singular straw causing the camel's back to break. Is there a message being sent here of which we should be aware something that's been coming for a while? I guess I'm asking if this is a rally cry of sorts or merely a throwing in of the towel. I don't want to be the dufus standing here with my hands in my pockets as the protest goes on outside my door, ya know? If there's more to this, then pipe up. I don't mind taking action when something calls for it.

Well, they are changing to new board software, and with the change the DML will pretty much look like every other VS property. Spidey, DM, the other mods and I all were fighting this behind the scenes, but we've lost. We gave it our best shot, but it is pretty clear that we're day laborers in the view of VS, so most of us just didn't have the stomach to continue under those circumstances.

22690 05-05-2008 05:52 PM

Good on ya for sticking to yer guns, guys! A big [thumbsup] for the effort and fighting the good fight.

mattb 05-05-2008 05:54 PM

Bummer dude -- I'd love to hear some of the details at the next Zeit meetup.