bike troubles. local help appreciated.
So here's the story. My M695 has heated KTM grips installed. They've worked wonderfully and I fully recommend them. Unfortunately, even if you turn your motorcycle off, they can still draw battery power. I'm actually very surprised it has taken me a full winter season to finally forget to turn them off when I left my bike. They ended up draining my battery completely (even the little yellow 'security' light wont flash.
Here's what I've tried:
1. Bump start: I've since turned off the heated grips so no extra power will be drawn. My first few attempts I rolled down my driveway in second gear, key on, fast idle on (kill switch on, too!) and tried to start it. I can get a little tiny grumble from the engine, but nothing much. Next I had my g/f push me down the street while I ran with it and we still got the same result when letting out the clutch, but nothing more.
2. Jump start: I can get enough power for the gauges to go through their little startup routine but the starter still wouldn't do anything, even after the vehicles (both have matching 12V batteries) have stayed connected for quite a few minutes.
3. Checked fuses: All of my fuses seemed fine except the starter fuse had a little tiny bit of a burnt look to it so I replaced it with a spare. I don't think it was actually burnt out, but just to be sure it now has a new fuse.
4. Jump start with new fuse: Same exact results as before. Fuse still looks OK.
5. Bump start with new fuse: Same exact results as before.
I'm out of ideas! This is about all the information I can think to give you guys/girls. If anyone could possibly come by to help me or maybe post up some ideas I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.