TigerBike Racing Race Report - AFM Round 2 - April 26/27 - Infineon Raceway - Page 5 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #41 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Re: TigerBike Racing Race Report - AFM Round 2 - April 26/27 - Infineon Raceway

Can you email me the full-size version of this one? And the 2nd crash picture in the sequence (the one you can see me tumbling)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan
1. riding like this, i still dont understand why you need front brakes?

&#039;00 M944s - Street - Tigre<br />&#039;04 749/848GRRR - Race - Tigre Quattro<br />AMA #944 - Formula Xtreme<br />AFM #944 - Racing Open Twins &amp; More!<br /><br />Sponsors:<br />eBay Motors<br />desmoworks<br />Monster Parts<br />No-Mar Tire Changers<br /><br />Special Thanks to:<br />Desmoto Sport<br />Ducatimonster.org<br />[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

I like that a lot. Thanks, Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckwrench13
Well, if it's any consolation, I've often referred back to this passage, in times of retrospect, on actions in my life.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes up short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and at worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt, Aprill 23, 1910

&#039;00 M944s - Street - Tigre<br />&#039;04 749/848GRRR - Race - Tigre Quattro<br />AMA #944 - Formula Xtreme<br />AFM #944 - Racing Open Twins &amp; More!<br /><br />Sponsors:<br />eBay Motors<br />desmoworks<br />Monster Parts<br />No-Mar Tire Changers<br /><br />Special Thanks to:<br />Desmoto Sport<br />Ducatimonster.org<br />[email protected]
post #43 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 02:15 PM

It would be nice to have an air fence in turn 9 where they have the tire walls. There are enough people sliding down the hill to warrant that. Not sure if that helps someone sliding at 100mph, but maybe there's a better solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 03:13 PM

I noticed a stack of bikes piled behind the tires there waiting a tow. That seems to be the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo
It would be nice to have an air fence in turn 9 where they have the tire walls. There are enough people sliding down the hill to warrant that. Not sure if that helps someone sliding at 100mph, but maybe there's a better solution.
post #45 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Mostrobelle

When the ambulance came rolling up to the pit I was saying, "Don't stop here, don't stop here..." And then it stopped. It was a relief to see the doors open up and have you sitting up with a smile on your face. I was counting your position when I saw you coming into the chicane and saw the dust fly. It happened really fast. Orange helmet there/Orange helmet not there. Glad you're ok. Bummed about the timing and how this affects your AMA aspirations. I was really looking forward to being a part of that with you.

Adrian, it sucks to have a mechanicals like that. You wait all day and then have it crap out on ya again. Good on you for being patient and sticking with it. You'll get some good luck coming your way soon.

Dan, a hoot watching you ride as always. I love your attitude about the whole thing. I only got to watch one of your races, but I had a good excuse for missing it (see above.) Looking forward to watching your progression through the season. 2nd place ain't a bad way to start.

The crew we have out there these days at the local races is really fun. Dan, your dad is awesome. I really like hanging out with him and his presence in the pits. Tell your mom to make more appearances, too. I like the family aspect of this thing, and I'm not just talking about the Luceros. I don't have any of that close to me, so this is about as good as it gets--and it's pretty good.
post #46 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM

Steve, Glad you're doin' okay big guy and that the injuries aren't as bad as they could have been.

Dan, Congrats on kicking ass.
post #47 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 06:27 PM

"Finishing races is important, but racing is more important." -Dale Earnhardt

God bless him.
post #48 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Mostrobelle

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=245647

Dan gets a mention at the bottom of the write-up.
post #49 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 11:59 PM

Well, look at the bright side. It coulda happened going into Turn 1 at Thill.

No longer hanging out here, sorry.
post #50 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 AM

Steve, glad you're OK. Huge bummer's like this can hang in your head and that sucks.
Fix your bike and ride it, that'll do it. Jump back on the horse, right?

Dan-I'm-so-fast-now-I'm-not-so-sure-I-remember-your-name-071; Egg-salad-ant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode