Looking for a little advice... - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a little advice...

Hi - I just received an opportunity to spend the summer in Cupertino and I'm looking for some help.

First, I don't know if I could go without bringing my monster (we're in Detroit and spending a summer away from her is just...wrong). Anyone know any good places that will ship? I won't have enough time to ride out.

Also, what rides/events do I have to make sure I do? I'll be working, but I'll have time to explore. I'll probably just take the company housing in the area.

Any other help would be really appreciated. Thanks all.

Jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 06:13 PM

Re: Looking for a little advice...

Hey Jeremy,
There's this thread on shipping. There may be others, but that's what came up first using the search function.

I'd say do it. The riding out here is wonderful, and the bike culture pretty strong.

As for stuff to do, um... MotoGP?

No longer hanging out here, sorry.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Moore
As for stuff to do, um... MotoGP?
...and AMA (3 rounds)...and AFM...and riding some of the best roads you'll ever find...and DML events...and skiing/snowboarding...and everything else there is to do here

Suffice it to say that you will not be bored. Bring the Monster (it'd be a sin to leave it at home)...you may not want to go back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 08:18 PM

Oh yeah, ship the bike for sure. We will not let you get bored. This may not be the best 10,000 square miles of riding in the world but I think it probably is. We're gonna spoil you for living ANYWHERE else.

http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/<br /><br /><br /><br />I was so much older then, I&#039;m younger than that now.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 08:21 PM

Cupertino sucks. You should ask them to place you somewhere with truly epic twisties right outside your front door.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 09:28 PM

Hmmmm... the bay area vs. Detroit...

I've been to Detroit... The areas that weren't on fire should have been.

Pack your bags!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 AM

Happened to me 11 years ago , first trip to the bay area from Boston Ma , I decide set down , but not quiet , so I bought motorcycle ,after see all roads no place like here , loving it . East coast will not fit me again

Oh one thing you will not worry about your vehicle & bike get rust from salt snow season

Much love here ..
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datv
Hmmmm... the bay area vs. Detroit...

I've been to Detroit... The areas that weren't on fire should have been.

Pack your bags!!
that's not nice, but true

thing is, houses there are still tied to the fundamentals and here they are beyond wacko. so if you want to be a homeowner i hope you are pulling in >200K (i've actually looked at moving back to michigan but i don't think they make a strong enough dosage of prozac)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

you make the area sound like a shangri-la, but you're right, the most twisty action I get out here is avoiding potholes.

I put a couple feelers out for shipping the bike, so I'm hoping everything works out and I don't have to rent-a-ride to enjoy the area.

As for MotoGP, I thought that was in Indy this year... I just checked online...NICE!!!!!! I have to get out there...

Thanks for your help. I'll keep you all posted.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerms12
As for MotoGP, I thought that was in Indy this year... I just checked online...NICE!!!!!! I have to get out there...
There are two US rounds this year...one in Indy and one at Laguna Seca Unfortunately, they don't run the 2-stroke classes at Laguna Instead they replace them with a couple of AMA races.

Oh, and we're not joking about the roads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode