New here? Introduce yourself! - Page 6 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #51 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 PM

Re: New here? Introduce yourself!

Welcome BOSCO! I think you'll find the DML a bit more civilized than other boards. Our mods stay on top of flame wars. But you still need a thick skin at times

Come on up to one of our events and meet the crew. Or post up for a ride sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Welcome, Bosco. You won't be the lone Vespa rider around. Buncha the local monster owners have 'em, albeit new ones. Few if any of the 2 stroke Vespa goodness unfortunately.
post #53 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Hey Bosco, welcome! I've seen you over at ModernVespa, so nice to see you here too.

Who knows, maybe you can jump in when someone starts giving me crap for riding a Vespa.

No longer hanging out here, sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:13 PM

hey everyone my name is Andrew I'm a brand new member from Piedmont in the East Bay. I'm a 20 year old student at USC down in LA but I'll be back in the Bay in less than a month. I recently took the MSF class and I was bored by the end of the first day so I'm pretty excited to step up to an actual bike. My current plan is to buy myself a monster in the 600-900 range for fun and commuting to work (I can't wait to cut through LA traffic) once I get back down to LA next semester since as for now my parents can't really know about any of this since they might disown me (they both rode motorcycles in college and claim to know first hand how dangerous it is... but it's too late now I'm hooked). Over the summer I'm hoping to figure out exactly which model to buy, I'm hoping i can find an s2r for less than 7000, but really I'll be happy with anything. So ya any recommendations where I should start to look for some seat time on a ducati in the east bay?
post #55 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jennifer. Been riding now for about 5 months. I'm a proud owner of a Monster 695 Dark. Just did a tail chop myself the other day from Competition Werkes! Super easy and fun!

Does anyone know anything about what days/nights people meet at Zeitgiest for rides?

Have fun!
post #56 of 109 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefgirl03
Does anyone know anything about what days/nights people meet at Zeitgiest for rides?
Z - last thursday of the month for beer. No rides afterwards.

Rides - usually people post up about them. There is no one spot, usually depends on where you are riding to.

While Im sure noone on the DML minds a beginner tagging along, BARF usually has a lot more newbie friendly rides posted on a regular basis. They are really good for getting familiar with the amazing roads around here.

Congrats on the new bike! ride safe
post #57 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 01:23 PM

hello Everyone,
i am Ilya. I hope there is space here for me and my sport classic biposto. i am located in SOMA and would like to join the ducati fans on rides and for other outings as much as i am able. all the best to everyone and hope to meet you soon in person.
- ilya
post #58 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya
hello Everyone,
i am Ilya. I hope there is space here for me and my sport classic biposto. i am located in SOMA and would like to join the ducati fans on rides and for other outings as much as i am able. all the best to everyone and hope to meet you soon in person.
- ilya
Welcome! There are lots of SportClassics around. Just ask smducman!
post #59 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 10:24 PM

Hi Everybody,
I'd like to introduce myself, I am Coyote Kid, I live in San Rafael, and I'd like to share a brief story about how I came to be posting here.

But first I want to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. I have been lurking around for about a month now and, WOW,
what a GREAT site, with so much helpful information, especially around safety issues.. Thank you

So, my story starts when I was a younger man and I rode a 69 Bonnie (when it was still new, my very first bike was a Hodaka, anybody ever heard of that??) I sold my last bike in the late 70's not thinking that that was the end of my riding career, but it was, up until 3 months ago that is.

In March, I called a buddy from the old days, just to say hi and check in after not seeing him for several years,
and he said that one of his friends had to bail on a planned ride from L.A. up to S.F and back, and did I want to fly to L.A. and ride the open bike.

And so after a 30 year absence I got on a Suzy SV1000 and and we rode 12 hour days for 2 days of a 4 day trip,
(after which I couldn't even hold a fork in my right hand).

The long dormant love affair was rekindled ablaze... WOW, bikes were never like this before...
after 30 years, I was instantly a much better rider than I had ever been before, OMG was I lit up..

And 2 days of that pace were more than enough for me, we were already up here,
plus they didn't need the bike, so they split. I could keep the bike and return it to L.A. whenever...
So I rode the Suzy around Marin and began to wonder what bike I would want for my own.

Enter Hattar Motor Sports, (which has become my favorite place to go to visit my wallet).
My first time there I saw a red S4RS with a Quat D on consignment, and my jaw dropped and is still agape.

But, being the prudent buyer, I had to check everything out,
and also I was very drawn to buying a Triumph as that was were I started from all those years ago.

And then, one day, after going there over a hundred times, and probably driving everyone crazy, the S4RS was gone..
Oh man, did I blow it by not reaching out for the bike that I really wanted??.. and a voice said, "trust, if this is to be your bike, it'll come around".

Sure enough a few days later there it was on Craigs list. I made contact with "Unrazzo", who I'm assuming folks know.
I took it for a 2 hour test ride out to Tomales (which is a great way to sell a bike)
and all i could say when i got back was, "I think I'd like to buy your bike".

This has been a most excellent mid life crisis / impulse buy, and I don't know what I was think'n,
cause, 30 year absence + 130 bhp = this bike has been kick'n my a** and I mean really..

Well a month later and a DP ECU + 14T, and we are finally starting to make nice,
and when we do, OMG, the glory of the swoops, and then turning Nicassio Reservoir into a big blue blur...
what a gift, to live here and ride these back roads...

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this, I wanted to share my newly reborn passion for this wonderful sport,
and for how, at 55 years old, it lights me up all over again.

And I want to thank Unrazzo, its been a pleasure to buy your bike and to keep it in the family.

Coyote

post #60 of 109 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Great intro, Coyote. Marin is indeed a great place to ride, and you've got quite a bike there. Welcome to the board.

No longer hanging out here, sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode