Retrofit Bosch MSC - Corner ABS anyone done this? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Retrofit Bosch MSC - Corner ABS anyone done this?

Hi guys, I’m interested in getting this and was wondering what is available globally as I want to see is it a)Ducati being crap at this b)Australia behind the times c) what’s in the internet isn’t actual truth.
I have seen BMW and KTM can retrofit this as it is just a simple code update needing to be paid. Take it as a software update.
I just don’t understand why they make it so hard for us to do this. It saves lives and there end is less new bikes sold. But it can also stop us going to BMW or KTM as they are offering it.
Your help will help me either go to AU dealers and state it can be done or to see what else I may do or give up trying.

Maybe a petition could help globally?? Our safety matters so demonstrate it!!

TIA

Link explains what’s required and cost- https://blog.ktm.com/msc-retrofittin...-how-it-works/

Aussie that is New to Ducati, so im learning new ways from the Japanese 4s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

I went all the way to Bosch technical department to seek assistance and the reply is below.
Whilst Iím not happy with the outcome that a 2016 Ducati cannot be retrofitted as they did their own type thing with coding unlike BMW / KTM. Iím more then happy with getting a response so quickly and from the likes of a department I thought would never reply
I was lucky to get any reply if any from
Simple admin of Ducati neverlone lead techs of the Bosch department.
Thumbs up 👍🏻 to Bosch all the same.

Hi Shane,

BMW has offered the option to retrofit some models with cornering ABS. Please see related list here <LINK> (in German only). It includes 1000RR MY 2012 -2014. I think an update for the 1000 R version was also available. Please ask your local BMW dealer about these offer.

A cornering ABS application was developed for Ducati monster MY 2017 and later. With MY 2017 some interface changes were introduced which made MSC introduction possible. A retrofit to previous models is not that easy and simple like a SW update and unfortunately cannot be done at this time.

Mit freundlichen GrŁŖen / Best regards

Andreas Georgi

Active Passive Safety, Accident Research (CR/AEV1)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Renningen | 70465 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

My reply back

Hello Andreas,
With your reply whilst Iím disappointed with the reply because of the answer Iím more then Happy with your assistance and answers that were timely.

I have posted the information into a Ducati forum as Iím not the only one seeking this / hoping for this.

If I can break your reply down further, what I took for it was Ducati did their own modifications to the corner abs through other software developments hence why it is not so easy to retrofit like BMW and KTM.

However if Ducati invested some time and money into this being developed the software could be developed to be retrofitted to 2014-16 bikes.

Is this the case?

If so the next part for me is to perhaps start a petition through Ducati owners clubs, forums of Ducati to then pass onto Ducati to do this development as coding for a few days shouldnít be that much of a challenge and it pays off then by them selling the update to us for the X amount that not only pays their time of coding but ends up profitable.

However this is only possible if you can confirm if it can be done as no business will waste time trying to develop something that takes many weeks vs simply opportunity to sell a new bike with it. As that is the downside of this limiting the temptation to upgrade vs update.

If I can ask do you have access to how many retrofits have been sold in total so far from any manufacturer as I could also use this to help sway a decision if it is worthwhile? Noted by each manufacturer ie BMW 1500 globally, KTM 2000 globally.

I may be over my head here but I do feel it could be possible and to be honest I didnít expect a reply from you and here we are.. next step Ducati.

I see there is nothing stopping a nobody to
Lead change and to help save lives even if it is 1 by doing this.

Kind regards

Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode