Garage door opener solutions? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
mpn

Garage door opener solutions?

Are there any solutions to the problem of closing the garage door after getting on your bike?

For me, it's always a question of if I put the glove on before or after I dig into my pocket for the opener, and usually trying to press the opener with my (gloved) hand inside my pocket.

As I write this I wonder if I'm really lazy and if I just need to pull the thing out. Still, it sure would be nice to just press a button on my helmet or something. I'm sure with bluetooth (and paired with a phone) there's a way but really I doubt it exists...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:16 PM

Theres no such thing as a silly question when it comes to fellow Ducatisti trying to figure out how to maximize our riding pleasuse. My answer would be 1, Start your bike 2, back out of the garage 3, put all your gear on except your gloves 4, use garage door opener to close the door 5, put the garage door opener in your pocket 6, put your gloves on 7, commence to ride your Ducati.

Last edited by Toker Indy Rules; 02-19-2019 at 03:19 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:21 PM

You could get one of those mini door openers and put it on your keychain. It might bang against the tank though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:36 PM

I have one of these on each of my bikes, and love it... http://www.mo-door.com
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toker Indy Rules View Post
Theres no such thing as a silly question when it comes to fellow Ducatisti trying to figure out how to maximize our riding pleasuse. My answer would be 1, Start your bike 2, back out of the garage 3, put all your gear on except your gloves 4, use garage door opener to close the door 5, put the garage door opener in your pocket 6, put your gloves on 7, commence to ride your Ducati.
I back out of garage, close door. Start bike, put on helmet and gloves, ride off.
Returning, I park bike, go inside for a leak, open door, park bike, close door.
We have a remote control opener, but I never use it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:25 AM

Garage
I took a regular garage door opener and took the chip out of it, made a 3D printed case that allowed me to mount it to my bike in the frame, and rewired it to a switch i put on the handlebar (again with a 3D printed mount). More or less the same idea as the 'mo-door' solution offered above, but a lot cheaper. It works perfectly and you'd never know it was there unless you knew to look for it!

-MI
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
<SOLD> 2000 Ducati Monster 750
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:34 PM

Garage
I've only thought about this when returning home, wet or cold, fumbling in pocket for opener, take gloves off, then drop one etc. get it in neutral, then struggle to pick up glove.

If you wear gloves with a cuff, gauntlets they call them here, just attach the opener inside the top cuff of a glove. ( as long as it's a small one)
Either stitch in a piece of lace type material to hold it or even tie wraps stitched through the lining. Very easy to operate opener with other gloved hand, even with clutch pulled in. You can easily open door while riding up to driveway.

Openers do not like the wet, so make sure it's inside.

Just my thoughts,

Ron.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 10:50 AM

I found the smallest remote compatible with my garage and hook it on a Nite Ize locking S Biner. If I am riding all day I keep in my pocket or back pack. On my last stop before home I will hook it on the outside of the backpack strap so i can hit the remote as a roll up to the house. Works out pretty well.

2007 Ducati S4RT
2006 Ducati S2R800 [sold]
My YouTube Videos - S2R800 & S4RT exhaust vids
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
What about?

09 Aprilia RS125 plated< NEW info> Now a 144 and back on the road!
06 Paul Smart Sport Classic NFS ever.
08 S4RS Tricolore #081 NFS ever.
The pink Monster has moved away.
97 900SS CR
72 Norton Commando 750
03 KX60 with S4R rear shock,Honda CB350F, Hodaka Ace90, 3x Yam-YGS1, Yam-CS3 200, Vespa small frame, Gilera 106, Puch Sabre, Puch 50 Boy Racer, Benelli 250, Benelli 360, Honda CB350T, and many more.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 03:19 AM

Don't forget about..

2007 Ducati S4RT
2006 Ducati S2R800 [sold]
My YouTube Videos - S2R800 & S4RT exhaust vids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode