Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Monster color change (696)

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mpn 
#1 ·
I've got a 2014 Monster 696 as of yesterday. Love it! However, the white color that I'm bought it with, while it really looks great, wouldn't have been my first choice. So, my first task is to change out the color, likely to some variation of black.

To that end, I ask, how should I go about this?

I think I've identified the following parts:
* Front mudguard
* Left tank cover
* Right tank cover
* Rear cowl (?)
* Front bikini fairing (i.e.: below the windscreen)

I've found the Monster Art kits (AKA logomania?) such as the Darmah as sold by GoMotoTrip and a few other places. So far as I can tell these aren't/never were Ducati products - and are made in China - is that right? That said, they look good - how is the quality? Anyone have experience with these kits?

Beyond that, that kit seems to cover only the tank covers. How do I get the other parts? I've found a few spare parts but nothing quite "1 click" - not that that is required. Still, I'd love to get all of your inputs on how to successfully go about this, and how others have achieved this same thing.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice site. But whoa, $674.95 for the tail alone?! OK, if I dig further, there's a tail for $284 (I wonder why the variation? Brand?).

Granted, both of these are carbon fiber. I don't see any non-carbon fiber when I filter by the 2014 Monster 696. I'll have to look later when I'm home.

#8 ·
I'm a little biased here, but I think that an all black bike with a single color, or at least very simple color scheme on the tank looks the best.

My black everything S2R had an orange tank (with a black stripe) put on it, and it looks gorgeous. I have a feeling the previous owner bought what was available, but I've seen no other like it, and I'm in no hurry to change it. I found the matching orange and black front fairing, but I think it looks too busy with more orange. Same for the seat cowl, so now I'm looking for all black accessories.

I also think black with a yellow tank and black stripe looks awesome.

#9 · (Edited)
mpn, I like the murdered out look too - how about trying plasti-dip matte black and then pick up some ebay Ducati logo stickers. You can always go back to the Arctic white if you want. BTW, I've done this a bit and Dupli-Color's removeable version sprays lots better than plasti-dip.

#10 ·
Thanks all! I just bit the bullet and bought the Darmah kit from the AMS Dallas link ronski posted. I appreciated that they list all the parts so I know it includes everything, whereas as far as I can tell the other (GoMoto) site is without a few of them.

Maybe at some point I'll get brave and try a vinyl wrap. Maybe with this kit rather than the stock one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.