Monster 1200R Comfort Seat: First Impressions - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarR

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Monster 1200R Comfort Seat: First Impressions

Slightly higher: 25mm but I knew that prior to buying.
Firmer than expected. Not that I'm disappointed with the firmness but simply surprised.
The stock seat on the 2017 Monster 1200S seemed much softer and plush If I remember last year's demo ride.
However, I was comparing that to the stock 1200R seat which is much more aggressive.
On that note, I wouldn't mind comparing the 1200R comfort seat vs the stock 2017-18 1200S seat.
All and all, the 1200R comfort seat is much more comfortable and shock absorbing than the performance focused 1200R stock seat.
Moreover, I expect the seat to break-in somewhat making it softer and more compliant.
I'll be riding it predominately for the next few months and will let you know if it does.
kOoLiNuS likes this.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)

Last edited by DarR; 09-06-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 02:21 AM

Garage
My complaint with the stock 1200R seat is that it pitches too far forward, constantly pushing me into the tank.

Does the 1200R comfort seat alleviate this? is the comfort seat more 'level'?

Thanks

2016 Monster 1200 R
2018 959 Corse
2018 Scrambler 1100 Sport
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
My complaint with the stock 1200R seat is that it pitches too far forward, constantly pushing me into the tank.

Does the 1200R comfort seat alleviate this? is the comfort seat more 'level'? Thanks
That was a big issue with the stock seat on the Panigale which was very slippery. I replaced it with a Race seat for that reason.
However I didn't feet the same on the stock seat of the M1200R. Perhaps because the M1200R was such an improvement over the Pani's stock seat.

The M1200R comfort seat will hold you in place more than the stocker because of more padding which also level's it out somewhat.
Yes it's more comfortable but not a huge improvement.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)

Last edited by DarR; 01-02-2019 at 05:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 05:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
That was a big issue with the stock seat on the Panigale which was very slippery. I replaced it with a Race seat for that reason.
However I didn't feet the same on the stock seat of the M1200R. Perhaps because the M1200R was such an improvement over the Pani's stock seat.

The M1200R comfort seat will hold you in place more than the stocker because of more padding which also level's it out somewhat.
I installed a Corbin on mine to fix the sliding forward and add comfort. There is also a little more room to move around This was also the softest Corbin I have installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	duccThe wall-2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	219298  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:41 PM

Garage
Nice bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thruxton1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post

I installed a Corbin on mine to fix the sliding forward and add comfort. There is also a little more room to move around This was also the softest Corbin I have installed.

2004 S4R
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thruxton1 View Post
I've been considering the Corbin for my bike, due to the same reasons listed above (why is the stock seat designed to slope you down into the tank?); however, I am concerned about the additional weight. The Corbin seems rather heavy, is that the case?

Optimally, I would love to find a solo/race seat for the 1200 ('15 S), but I have yet to find anything.

Last edited by Goaticusmaximus; 02-06-2019 at 12:43 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:20 PM

Garage
Yes, the Corbin is heavy because of the seat base material they use but for the street and a bike with as much torque as the Monster, the comfort improvement is well worth the increase in weight. -T1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode