Surflex Slipper clutch, anyone familiar? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Surflex Slipper clutch, anyone familiar?

Sooooooo, today I came across a deal.

Let me get the humble brag out of the way,

All parts new in boxes

Surflex C1515/11 slipper clutch kit with Surflex aluminum basket, this is all plates, slipper assembly, pressure plate, bearings and bits.

999 Ducati muffler cover

999 windscreen

Comp works plate relocator

Craftsmen sockets to fit all clutch parts and clutch holding tools

clean used seat, turn signals, tail light, and all 3 brake discs for a 999

$150 total.

Yeeeeeeeeeees! hahahaha

So I was wondering what anyone really knows about the Surflex kit. From what I can tell it would set me back around $1,000-1,200 when bought new but that was years ago and does not appear to still be offered as a kit. The box says "Lightweight Anti-Rattle Clutch". I know there have been "quiet" dry clutch kits for sale from a few manufacturers. The anti-rattle makes me think it would mean quiet but the very little bit I could find online seems to say this is a slipper clutch that utilizes an internal ramp versus the style that had ramps in the basket.

I'm wanting to see if anyone ever has ever fit one of these kits? Did I make out on this deal? I had purchased this clutch for my 900SS as I had felt a few slips last year and once I had it in my hand, I knew it was far too nice for 900 beater bike that just needs a few new plates. I would think this would serve me better on the S4RS, but I never really ride it anymore. Ugh, throw your stones you internet haters.

Should I vacuum seal it (I looove my vacuum sealer, all my owners manuals, spare keys, receipts, are all vacuum sealed lol.) and store it away until I "need" to replace the clutch on the S4RS (only 12,000 miles) and or store it to sell with the bike in 20 years as period correct?

Thoughts? Hate mail?

09 Aprilia RS125 plated< NEW info> Now a 144 and back on the road!
06 Paul Smart Sport Classic NFS ever.
08 S4RS Tricolore #081 NFS ever.
The pink Monster has moved away.
97 900SS CR
72 Norton Commando 750
03 KX60 with S4R rear shock,Honda CB350F, Hodaka Ace90, 3x Yam-YGS1, Yam-CS3 200, Vespa small frame, Gilera 106, Puch Sabre, Puch 50 Boy Racer, Benelli 250, Benelli 360, Honda CB350T, and many more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode