Gecing Rearsets - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Gecko Racing Rearsets

Just installed a new set of Gecko Racing rearsets and am pretty happy with them. For around $265 they are quite a bargain. They come fully disassembled and are a bit like a puzzle to assemble, but not too difficult. The instructions while seemingly complete, don't appear to have survived translation fully. Took me about an hour with minimal cussing and no injuries. I ourchased the rear rider pegs as well, but did not install them. The best part, is the heel room is now infinite and the exhaust hanger is much better than stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shift.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	194882   Click image for larger version

Name:	brake.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	194890  

Last edited by csw8331; 07-08-2016 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw8331 View Post
Just installed a new set of Gecko Racing rearsets and am pretty happy with them. For around $265 they are quite a bargain. They come fully disassembled and are a bit like a puzzle to assemble, but not too difficult. The instructions while seemingly complete, don't appear to have survived translation fully. Took me about an hour with minimal cussing and no injuries. I ourchased the rear rider pegs as well, but did not install them. The best part, is the heel room is now infinite and the exhaust hanger is much better than stock.
I also bought a set of these. How can you go wrong $300 shipped great customer support and made in Italy!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160610_124343.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	195074   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160610_124407.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	195082  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank33 View Post
I also bought a set of these. How can you go wrong $300 shipped great customer support and made in Italy!
Looks really familiar (and great). I only wish I had ordered extra foot pegs and shift pedals in the other colors so I could mix it up a bit. I may yet order them, just need to bite the bullet. I almost went with the gold, since I have the gold Rizoma bars, but thought it may be too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 02:31 AM

These sets are nice on Monsters, gaining more popularity around here on other bikes as well.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 12:58 AM

For those who bought this set, did you also get the hydraulic brake switch? If so, did you have to bleed the brakeline when installing?

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstard View Post
For those who bought this set, did you also get the hydraulic brake switch? If so, did you have to bleed the brakeline when installing?

I did get the switch and bled the brakes. I took it as an opportunity to replace my rear brake reservoir with a billet aluminum one as well. Here is a picture of the switch installed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Switch.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	195418  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 08:31 PM

I got the switch as well. Without it you will not have a brake light when using the rear brake.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw8331 View Post
I did get the switch and bled the brakes. I took it as an opportunity to replace my rear brake reservoir with a billet aluminum one as well. Here is a picture of the switch installed.
Thanks. Planning to purchase those rearsets and brake switch as well. Just wondering if it is really necessary to bleed the brakeline when installing the switch

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstard View Post
Thanks. Planning to purchase those rearsets and brake switch as well. Just wondering if it is really necessary to bleed the brakeline when installing the switch

I'm planning on getting a set of these as well. To install the switch you depressurize the brake line because you are installing a new screw that has the switch at the top. Need to bleed after, no way around it.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bronco View Post
I'm planning on getting a set of these as well. To install the switch you depressurize the brake line because you are installing a new screw that has the switch at the top. Need to bleed after, no way around it.
It says on the webpage that it only takes 5 minutes to install the brake switch... this is where it gets confusing. No way this is a 5-minute job if bleeding is involved. The reason I'm asking...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode