Monster 795 to 795 SS - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 8Likes

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Mik

Garage
beautiful mate. That's the perfect bike for carving through Manila's horrible bumper to bumper traffic!

M795.LSL X01 carbon wrapped bar,Scotts 796 bar clamps+Steering dampener,Brembo RCS Brake,Clutch levers,Ilmberger carbon fiber front,rear fenders,cam covers,monoposto,tank center,Custom red/black carbon tank skins,instrument cluster cover,oilcooler shroud,sprocket cover,14/41T Driven sprockets,Bazzaz Zfi,ExBox exhaust,Ducabike rear sets,Clear clutch cover,Pressure plate,spring retainer,slave cyl,AEM triple tree, STM adj forks,rear combi brake light and tail chopped.Thought I finished but no
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
beautiful mate. That's the perfect bike for carving through Manila's horrible bumper to bumper traffic!
thanks, Mik. unfortnately with the monster's wide handlebar, i can hardly keep up with the scooters and mopeds (we call them "underbones" here) while filtering through manila's monstrous traffic... especially now the monsoon is here. so a couple of weeks ago, got myself a 2014 cb400 revo. with its narrower handlebar, the cb400 is better suited for traversing traffic and is now my daily driver
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB400 Revo.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	194426  
Mik likes this.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

i've got the superlite quickchange sprocket system (15T/42T) and a DID gold x-ring chain for quite sometime now. i just can't get myself to mounting them. largely because it involves cutting and riveting the chain. while i'm competent enough for the job and have the proper tools for it, chain work is my least favorite thing to do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	45c.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	194450   Click image for larger version

Name:	46c.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	194458  
Mik likes this.

Last edited by Monstard; 06-26-2016 at 11:35 PM. Reason: attach pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 09:22 AM
Mik

Garage
I changed my bar to a LSL X01. a touch narrower than factory but also a slightly different angle. I know what you mean when trying to split lanes, Same in Saigon since most vehicles don't stay in their lanes. I did see a Hyper Motard with CRG style bar end mirrors have to fold them in when trying to split lanes then fold back out. I'm more worried about scratching my bike and the carbon bar and ducabike brake lever guard than the cars and taxis.

M795.LSL X01 carbon wrapped bar,Scotts 796 bar clamps+Steering dampener,Brembo RCS Brake,Clutch levers,Ilmberger carbon fiber front,rear fenders,cam covers,monoposto,tank center,Custom red/black carbon tank skins,instrument cluster cover,oilcooler shroud,sprocket cover,14/41T Driven sprockets,Bazzaz Zfi,ExBox exhaust,Ducabike rear sets,Clear clutch cover,Pressure plate,spring retainer,slave cyl,AEM triple tree, STM adj forks,rear combi brake light and tail chopped.Thought I finished but no
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 11:15 PM

Garage
did the rear brake caliper on the old swing arm fit the single sided swing arm?
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

The single swingarm i got came with a brake caliper so i just used it. But i compared the two and found them interchangeable

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 10:59 PM

You seem to be technically very savvy doing this yourself. I need some help if you can please. I have a Monster 795 since 2014 and till date have done near 28,000km. As per the service book I have changed the timing belts, plugs, chain and sprockets, change brake pads before 20,000km. I am on my second set of tires. I haven't done a tappet adjustment as recommended. Lately, and very occasionally my idle suddenly becomes at 2000rpm. If I blip the throttle a few times this goes away and idle settles down to normal. I want your advise.. do these after market cleaning additives help and clearing
the jets ect? If so, maybe I need not open the throttle bodies for cleaning. Kindly let me know

Navroze Contractor
India
91-9448494964, [email protected]
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Hi navrose. Sorry, I dont want to offer suggestions for DIY solutions as i haven't experienced those problems and no reason for me to research and look into them yet. Im still trying to learn as much as i can when it comes to trouble shooting as the mech failures come. Your particular problem may be caused by a host of different factors like dirty jets and TBs or contaminated fuel or ecu glitch, etc. or any combination of those

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Monstard; 07-27-2017 at 12:58 AM.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:37 PM

Very interested to learn about the rear wheel. Most of the SSS conversions always changed to the 796 rear wheel. Did you do anything for you to install the old one? I have a 2009 696 and I'm not sure if we're exactly the same rear wheel. Thanks!
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonesteels View Post
Very interested to learn about the rear wheel. Most of the SSS conversions always changed to the 796 rear wheel. Did you do anything for you to install the old one? I have a 2009 696 and I'm not sure if we're exactly the same rear wheel. Thanks!
the original 696 rear wheel won't do as it was designed for a dual swingarm. I used an older model 916 3-spoke wheel for single sided swingarm...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Monstard; 10-01-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode