Monster 795 to 795 SS - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 8Likes

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

now that the sprocket assembly has been mounted and torqued to specs, next up is the chain. since i didn't remove the chain from the dss, i bought a new chain. got the DID 525 VX pro-street x-ring chain, as opposed to the regina chain used on the dss

i also got me a chain tool essential for cutting and riveting the new chain

the DID chain came in a package of 110 links. per manual, oem 796 chain is 104 links. but on the dss (795), chain is 106 links. so i got conservative (in doubt) and cut only 4 links at first. test fitted and found chain to be 2 links too long. another cut and indeed only 104 links are needed

satisfied with 104 links, i put on the riveting anvil and pin in the chain tool and permanently affixed the chain to the drive system

as can also be seen in the photo above, i have already installed the sensor for the healtech speedo healer. as you must know, the oem speed sensor for the dss 795/696 (non-abs) uses 6 bolts from the rotor as "pick-up" signal. on the ss 796/1100 (non-abs), it picks up signal from only 4 rotor bolts. the speedo healer kit is essential to calibrate the speed indicated on the dash. otherwise, indicated speed is 30% slower than actual speed. for example in my case before calibration, my indicated speed was 70 kph but my actual speed based on gps was 100kph

since this bike (795ss) has effectively become a 796 clone, i shall base the specs as such. 796 chain gap at the bottom run halfway between sprockets says 61-63mm (middle of chain to swingarm). got out the spanner and initially adjusted accordingly

satisfied with the chain gap, took out the torque wrench and set to 31 n-m for eccentric hub pinch bolts. torqued at 1-2-1 sequence using 12mm socket

torqueing bolt #1 (31 n-m)

then over to bolt #2

then back to bolt #1

note:

after this initial adjustment, it is necessary to re-check the chain gap after the bike has been ridden a few rounds around the block... then re-adjust as needed
Mik likes this.

Last edited by Monstard; 01-13-2016 at 03:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 08:06 AM
Mik

Garage
very nice and with beautiful pics.

M795.LSL X01 carbon wrapped bar,Scotts 796 bar clamps+Steering dampener,Brembo RCS Brake,Clutch levers,Ilmberger carbon fiber front,rear fenders,cam covers,monoposto,tank center,Custom red/black carbon tank skins,instrument cluster cover,oilcooler shroud,sprocket cover,14/41T Driven sprockets,Bazzaz Zfi,ExBox exhaust,Ducabike rear sets,Clear clutch cover,Pressure plate,spring retainer,slave cyl,AEM triple tree, STM adj forks,rear combi brake light and tail chopped.Thought I finished but no
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

haven't uploaded new photos yet. riding and work at the office got in the way

i've since ridden the bike for almost 500 kms with no issues. also got hold of the "new rage cycles" fender eliminator with tail light and turn signals... installed it already

will update this thread with more photos later
JTP and Mik like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

got some time off to update...

now, for the rearset assembly. i didn't like the oem "chicken wing" rearset so i got something from the s*r monster. the kickstand should be installed with the left rearset as they share one of the three 8mm allen bolts (middle) to mount them. since the kickstand is bolted between the front mounting bracket and the engine case, the rear mounting bracket has an aluminum spacer (not shown in photo) behind it in order to get proper alignment of the rearset when bolted to the engine case. apply lithium calcium grease to the threads and torque these 3 bolts to 36 n-m

the rearset main bolt (24mm, hex, aluminum) goes in the swingarm pivot shaft. also coat with lithium calcium grease and torque this sucker to 55 n-m

then connect the gear lever linkages
Mik likes this.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:37 AM
Mik

Garage
any chance of a pic of the whole bike now?

M795.LSL X01 carbon wrapped bar,Scotts 796 bar clamps+Steering dampener,Brembo RCS Brake,Clutch levers,Ilmberger carbon fiber front,rear fenders,cam covers,monoposto,tank center,Custom red/black carbon tank skins,instrument cluster cover,oilcooler shroud,sprocket cover,14/41T Driven sprockets,Bazzaz Zfi,ExBox exhaust,Ducabike rear sets,Clear clutch cover,Pressure plate,spring retainer,slave cyl,AEM triple tree, STM adj forks,rear combi brake light and tail chopped.Thought I finished but no
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

yes, i have it in my computer but haven't uploaded yet. my internet suddenly decided to go lazy on me
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:56 AM

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Sorry it took so long. Here's the final pic

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk
Mik likes this.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

to set my monster apart from the rest of the 796's here, i had a spare seat cowl modded (out of fiberglass) for the cafe racer look. i drew inspiration from MonsterMash31 who made a similar cafe racer cowl. except my seat cowl's "hump" is narrower, where it started outside the edge of the flat portion of the cowl

after prepping, i then had the cowl taken to the decal and vinyl shop where racing stripes were also added. i opted for vinyl wrap instead of paint because it is just a 30-minute to 1 hour job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	47.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	194386   Click image for larger version

Name:	48.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	194394  
Mik likes this.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

liking the stripes on the new seat cowl, i also had vinyl stripes put on the tank center and front fender
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	49.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	194402   Click image for larger version

Name:	50.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	194410   Click image for larger version

Name:	51.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	194418  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode