796/1100 Rizoma rearsets install - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

796/1100 Rizoma rearsets install

Step 1: Remove the three bolts that hold the right side rear set on. The rearsets will still be attached to the brake cylinder at this point.

Step 2: Remove the clip that hold the rod to the foot control brake lever.

Step 3: Remove the two bolts that hold the master cylinder to the rear set and then remove the brake light micro switch at this point.

Step 4: Remove the two rubber grommet from the original rearsets and add them to the new Rizoma rearsets.

Step 5: Remove the bolt that holds the brake reservoir and the rod from the brake master cylinder.

Step 6: Install the extension bracket for the brake reservoir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Step 7: Install the micro brake light switch to the Rizoma rearset.

Step 8: Install the master cylinder rod and return spring.

Step 9: Install the brake master cylinder.

Step 10: Install the foam washer on the main standoff.

Step 11: Install the carrier sleeve.

Step 12: Install the two lower main bolts for the rearsets.

Last edited by LiquidDragon; 02-13-2011 at 12:23 PM.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Step 13: Install the rubber washer where the main carrier bolt attaches.

Step 14: Install the main bolt with the original metal washer.

Step 15: Cut the brake reservoir line so that the hose isn’t too long to eliminate bends in the line and attach it to the extension bracket.

Step 16: Attach the brake foot lever.

Step 17: Install the peg/heal guard and the right side is complete.

*********NOTE: The left side rearset replacement requires more than one person if you are not using a rear stand. The lower forward bolt on the rearset is also a mounting point for the kickstand.********

Step 18: First remove the front bolt on the shift linkage leaving the shifter pivot arm and then remove the three main bolts holding the right rearset on and remove the entire rearset.

Step 19: Install the inner foam washer on the upper main bolt.

Step 20: Install the metal rearset upper collar in front of the foam washer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Step 21: Remove the rubber grommets from the original rearset and install on the Rizoma rearset. Install the Rizoma rearset loosely on the upper main bolt at this point.

Step 22: Place the supplied large metal washers between the rubber grommet and the engine case and install the two lower mounting bolts at this point. Note that the forward bolt is the shorter of the two.

Step 23: Place the supplied rubber washer and the original small metal washer on the upper main bolt and then install the main bolt.

Step 24: Install the supplied shift linkage first and adjust as needed and then install the shift control at this point. Note that I left the foot peg and heal guard installed to the rearset as it didnít prohibit the installation with the already installed.

Step 25: The Rearsets are now installed and almost ready to test out but first if you have the bike up on a rear stand you should test them out before riding the bike. Start by making sure the bike is in neutral and the rear wheel spins freely without the brakes grabbing. Spin the back wheel by hand and then lightly apply pressure to the brake foot control to make sure that the rear brake engages. Next turn the ignition to the run position but do not start the bike. Make sure the running light and not the brake light is on at this point. If the brake light is already on then you will need to adjust the brake micro switch. The brake light should come on when the brake levers are being depressed. Make any adjustments needed and enjoy your new rearsets.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 AM

I love reading your write-ups man. Good stuff

--DT

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

My wife said she ordered some mirrors for the bike so the next one should be short and sweet. She won't tell me what she ordered but she said that they fit my taste and that I should like them. I am usually extremely picky about what I get so i am keeping my fingers crossed. I think my next big mod will be heated grips.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
My wife said she ordered some mirrors for the bike so the next one should be short and sweet. She won't tell me what she ordered but she said that they fit my taste and that I should like them. I am usually extremely picky about what I get so i am keeping my fingers crossed. I think my next big mod will be heated grips.
Sounds cool, I hope she's right

--DT

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 11:57 AM

I would love to take those factory rearsets off your hands if you still have them...

Let me know.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
My wife said she ordered some mirrors
You're a lucky man, mine wouldn't have a clue or even bother to try to find out.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkpeterman View Post
I would love to take those factory rearsets off your hands if you still have them...

Let me know.
Make me a reasonable offer and I will let them go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode