796/1100 Rizoma rearsets install - Page 4 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM

Thanks ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the write up. Anyone know the torque spec for those large pivot bolts??
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 07:06 AM

About to install these on my monster.

Can someone please clarify how to adjust the brake master cylinder pushrod... i.e., what are the (laughable) rizoma instructions trying to get me to do (see image)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PE209B.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	198098  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 07:20 AM

PS> Why did you install the two M12 washers behind the grommets on the LH side? Maybe this has changed from 2013 but my instructions say to use the M12 washers on the swing arm bolt, one each side.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 07:32 AM

Well on the second Q I have worked it out - there are two OEM washers to be (re)mounted behind the LH footrest.
Also two Rizoma washers provided for clearance on the swing arm pivot bolts, if needed

[Edit] I just used the OEM washers

Last edited by enliven; 10-16-2016 at 11:32 PM.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 11:30 PM

Well, I worked out the other bit too
1. install the Rizoma pushrod loosely into the clevis, although mine came already screwed together. Install the pushrod, spring, spring retainers, master cylinder onto the footrest
2. adjust the pushrod length so that, with the pushrod JUST hitting the piston, there is 21mm gap between the spring retainers, and tighten the pushrod lock nut
3. adjust the stop that activates the brake light switch so that, when the level hits the stop, there is .5 mm before the pushrod hits the piston: OR, so that there is 21.5 mm gap between the spring retainers
...BUT this causes quite a lot of brake engagement before the brake light comes on, so I wound the stopper out fully do there is the MAXIMUM clearance before the brake light is engaged. This allows me to activate the brake light before there is too much (if any) brake engagement

Also, as a PS regarding the lower two main bolts each side
* on the RHS (brake), they are the same part
* on the LHS side (gear shift), the forward bolt is the LONGER of the two
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 11:05 PM

My mechanic has installed rizoma rearsets on my monster 696. Love the look but since being installed i have had the back brake lock on. Fixed this issue but 200km later had no back brake. Mechanic said brake pads were worn away but doesn't know why this is happening. Has anyone had any problem with their rizoma rearset.

post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 10:54 AM

Garage
I have rizoma rearsets on my 2009 1100...I have a size 14 shoe/boot and now I'm having issues shifting. I just bought a set of Icon El Bajo boots and now my foot won't even go under the shifter lever...how do I adjust/open the lever to allow me to shift using my big ass shoe/boot?

If you ain't first your last!!
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicyfruit View Post
My mechanic has installed rizoma rearsets on my monster 696. Love the look but since being installed i have had the back brake lock on. Fixed this issue but 200km later had no back brake. Mechanic said brake pads were worn away but doesn't know why this is happening. Has anyone had any problem with their rizoma rearset.

I feel like if it was sticking it was because a lever was stuck down. Maybe a bolt was overtightened. If the rear brake isn't working then maybe it wasn't bled properly. It needs to be removed and rotated to the top of the rotor before being bled.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:15 AM

How do I unblock the photos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode