Replacement rear turn signals for 696? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Replacement rear turn signals for 696?

I accidentally kicked the right rear turn signal this morning getting off my bike. The turn signal broke from the base and is now hanging by the two wires.

Well I guess it works out because I'm in the market for a fender eliminator. More than likely I'm going with CW. What aftermarket turn signals are available that will attach to the CW kit? I'm still relatively new to the Ducati line and available products.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:13 AM

Turn signals

Talk to Jeff Higgenbottom of monsterparts.com.

He has the CW fender eliminator for a good price, and a variety of aftermarket turn signals. I think he's a Rizoma and Ducati Performance dealer too, so he might be able to get turn signals from those manufacturers also.
Either way, he's a very good resource and aftermarket/performance parts dealer.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 PM

These KELLERMANN Micro Polo "LED" Turn Signal: Black look pretty good on the M696--and are super bright flashlight LEDs.
They have a metal body with a flexible rubber mount that allows it to take some abuse.

COMPETITION WERKES Fender Eliminator Kit: M696

* Register on the Motowheels website for passwords to access discounts on all non-sale items. The sign-up is under the log-in box in the Products section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 PM

turn signals

Oh! Those look great. I want to put new DP billet mirrors and turn signals on my 09 696, since I want to keep it "factory custom", including Carbon Fiber and DP fender eliminator, except for maybe some purely bolt-on Rizoma or Lightech resevoir covers, oil plug, ProGrips. But DP parts are expensive.
The 2001 750 on the other hand is getting Rizoma, MPL, Speedymoto parts. Major project bike.
So, long story made short - I am going with the CW fender and Kellerman signals.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 11:08 PM

OK, who sells the Kellerman's?
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 PM

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 12:14 AM

I have the triangular Rizomas rigged to a license plate reinforcer I rigged up. They are nice and close to the taillight and to the headlight up front.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Hey Moto,

Will the Killermann signals work with the CW eliminator kit?
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1daymaybe View Post
Hey Moto,

Will the Killermann signals work with the CW eliminator kit?

Yes.
It would be a direct bolt on. The CW has a 8mm hole which is the exact size of Ducati's OEM turn signal and the Kellermann TS.

-M
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:18 PM

You may not need to buy new signals. I had the exact same thing happen to my bike, somehow bumped the left signal and it appeared to snap and hang by the wires. I was at the dealer, and they fixed it temporarily with some duct tape and electrical tape.

When I bought the CW fender eliminator and was expecting to have to buy aftermarket signals. However, the signal I thought was broke worked perfectly fine, so it must have broken a piece on the fender, not on the signal itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode