OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU modification thread - Page 32 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #311 of 320 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 PM

I just bought the two bros black series slip ons for my 2012 796 monster and I'm also doing the 14T mod.

Does my bike have Siemens self learning computer?

Will my bike be ok or will I need my ecu flashed?

85% of this bikes riding will be at 4250' elevation give or take 500'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	115577  

2008 Ducati Multistrada 1100s

2012 Ducati Monster 796

2011 Husaberg FE 390 Dual Sport

2014 Husqvarna TXC310R 110th Year Anniversary Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 320 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 07:35 PM

Power Commander overriding higher rev limit of flashed ECU

Has anyone had an issue with the power commander overriding the higher rev limit? At first I was not sure what was the cause. I could fix this problem by turning on then off the bike (sometimes). Now it appears to be the case all the time. Someone familiar with flashed ECU's suggest the PC-V was the culprit. I plan to disconnect my Power Commander with Autotune because it has already been tuning the bike for several months. Perhaps I can answer my own question next week, when I get back home from the coast.
post #313 of 320 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 04:55 PM

I connected the new power commander software to my module. I had not done this in a long time. The new X-tend feature will show the rev limit. (M1100 can not use the X-tend feature, but it still shows the rev limit of the bike.) On my bike, it shows the rev limit at 9500 instead of 8500, so it appears the extra 1000 rpm before redline we added with the flash is still available. I guess I was just seeing it "seem" to redline at 8500 because it only takes a fraction of a second to run right past 8500 to over 9500. So the bike probably has not returned to the old rev limit all the time. (It may be intermittently returning to the old rev limit. I am still researching this.) I just rode it and it seemed I was able to get above 8500 on several occasions. In any event, it does not appear to be a problem with the power commander as it recognizes the re-flashed higher rev limit. I suspect the problem is either my faulty shifting technique or some other factor. Removing the power commander would not have been a good idea because I have removed the air box after I had the ECU flashed. The bike ran fine with the flashed ecu and an aftermarket foam filter in the box, but now the open K&N filters push thru a lot more air. The power commander with autotune seems to tune the air/fuel well for this new more open configuration. Frankly, I would much rather have the correctly tuned air/fuel mix than the extra rpm [since I have no business going that fast anyway].
The main purpose of the flash was to eliminate the O2 sensor so I could eventually add the power commander to tune the entire rpm range. This seems to be working well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #314 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo Boy View Post
I just bought the two bros black series slip ons for my 2012 796 monster and I'm also doing the 14T mod.

Does my bike have Siemens self learning computer?

Will my bike be ok or will I need my ecu flashed?

85% of this bikes riding will be at 4250' elevation give or take 500'
You don't need a Flash, unless you want to tune the lower RPM range or and delete the O2 and Flapper motor CEL! All you might need is a piggy back EFI tuner of your choice, in no particular order...Bazzaz, Power Commander 5, and I believe the Two Bros make one now? There are few others, but the ones mentioned are the most popular. That being said, I like the features of the Bazzaz better

There are no extraordinary men, just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.

Early 2011 Showa Forks 796 Red Monster(sans ABS)
15/41 gearing.
2006 GSXR 600 track bike.
post #315 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 PM

I don't know the answer to your question. I am guessing that exhaust you mentioned will result in better air flow which will result in a leaner air / fuel mix. But adding the altitude you mention, I will assume less O2 will be available. Will these two counter forces allow the stock ECU to compensate more easily? I think this can only be determined empirically. If you get backfiring and junk then you'll need to take a next step. I took several steps to get to my current config, which I'm really happy with. (And you know you needed to get rid if those hideous stock cans any way!)
post #316 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 04:29 PM

Hmm, I not sure I fully understand this post and I'm fairly bright (although not a mechanic!).

What I want, is to be able to get more power fairly safely from my Ducati monster 695 - can I 'chip' the ECU of my bike like you can with most cars to improve the fuel management of it?

thanks

Dan
post #317 of 320 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 03:14 PM

need some help

hi, I'm new here and I am facing a problem with my ecu on my 695 monster. suddenly stopped functioning the horizontal cylinder. I found that the problem is from the ecu (cause I tried my ecu on other 695 and the result was the same). Therefore, I am asking for your help...I want to try to burn a stock 695 map, on a 5AM ecu. Could you help me please with a stock ecu map (.bin file)?
post #318 of 320 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 12:43 AM

2008 S4RS Spark full system-tune

Hi, i have just recently purchased a 2008 S4RS with termi cans / ECU/ Airbox mod. I then installed a Sparks full system to mate with the termis. It was recommended to me to get the ECU reflashed to suit the new pipes and then complete the set up by getting it tuned in the 1000- 4000 rpm range. Before i got around to getting it tuned below 4000 rpm it ran like a sack of S...t Popping and farting and very hard to ride around town ( 1000-4000 rpm) I have since had it tuned at Ducati City Melbourne and it is a transformed bike. It is such a different bike to ride now and so much better. Just my two cents worth
post #319 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 12:06 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to this so I hope everyone is having a good winter (nearly time to get the bike out )

anyway I was wondering if anyone had a good AFR Table for the PowerCommander V Autotune Kit?

2009 Monster 1100s | TPO Beast-R Air Intake Kit | QD slip on Exhausts | PowerCommander V with Autotune | Rexxer ECU Flash
post #320 of 320 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:24 AM

Garage
As a rider buying an S4RS today, PC III no longer available, though microtec m197 still seems to be... not wanting to just "load a map", having had all previous cars/bikes dyno tuned, and noted that the below 5000rpm tuning means a DP ecu is needed to do away with the O2 sensor interference, I bought one. Local Duc dealer fitted it, but didn't disconnect O2 sensor. Collected it, rode 200k, and the bike started acting up, running poorly. Today, followed the O2 sensor lead and unplugged it. What a difference. So much so may not bother with the dyno.

People are still doing this sort of thing, not just to new bikes.

2012 Monster 1100 Evo ABS
2008 Monster S4RS Tricolore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode