OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU modification thread - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #11 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

Re: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU modification thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto4us.com
full Zard and "I get to keep my warranty"...maybe you have a super nice dealer over there
Hey Al. I emailed NF Importers (AUS Ducati importer re my setup) and it was on their advice that I purchased and installed the DP bits through my Ducati Dealer (Fraser Motorcycles (thanks Steve & George)). Hence I keep my warranty.

I almost got caught up in the RB3 issue that a couple of guys had over here. Hence my discussions with NFI and great outcome.

Big T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 04:52 AM

DP ECU is fully adjustable using the 999S window on the DDS diagnostics computer.
post #13 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTTs
DP ECU is fully adjustable using the 999S window on the DDS diagnostics computer.
NuTTS,
I thought the DP ECU has adjustable trim and pre-loaded map, but not mappable to specific RPM and A/F ratio. Let me know if I am wrong and I will edit the 1st post. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Dave
From what I understand you can trim the stock ecu with the Full Arrow exhaust to play nice, but there is some slight popping.
Noted; thanks!
post #15 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 AM

"OFFICIAL" for you guys are just suppositions...and doesn't help at all. I'm seek and tired about "from what I understand", "I heard that", "a friend told me"....if you did something and it's working, then bring it...
post #16 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to derby

Quote:
"OFFICIAL" for you guys are just suppositions...and doesn't help at all. I'm seek and tired about "from what I understand", "I heard that", "a friend told me"....if you did something and it's working, then bring it...
i think you misunderstood his intention. this would be the "official thread" for discussing what does and doesn't work.

"from what I understand", "I heard that", and "a friend told me" are perfectly fine as a means to facilitate discussion. that discussion should lead to i "did something and it's working", which in turn will lead to "here is the (somewhat definitive) list of things that work".

[size=10pt]-- derby[/size]<br />[size=7pt]<br />&#039;05 Duc Monster S4R &lt;~~ FOR SALE (click for info)<br /><br />&#039;07 Suz GSX-R750<br />Retired rides: &#039;99 Yam YZF-R1, &#039;98 Hon CBR600F3, &#039;97 Suz GSX-R750, &#039;96 Hon CBR600F3, &#039;94 Hon CBR600F2, &#039;91 Hon Hawk GT, &#039;91 Yam YSR-50, &#039;87 Yam YSR-50<br /><br />click here for info about my avatar<br />[/size]
post #17 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Apparently, you don't understand.

CDawg is trying to get that information collected here in this thread.
Sometimes it takes a while for the folks who have done it to find a thread and post.

Nick<br />'02 S4 -&nbsp; Testa Rossa Scorta - Cherrybomb Cans..FIM ECU..Barnett basket..SBK Velocity Stacks<br />Mag Marchesinis..3X BrakeTech Iron..Brembo 4-pads..RaceTech G/V's..Ohlins 46PRCS<br />C'Cat Bars..Yoyodyne Slave..CRG L/S's and Black Shorties..Zumo550<br />'99 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 - 16t front sprocket...Euro blinkers...TKC 80's...OEM W heads&nbsp; :P<br />[size=8pt] Captivated by her beauty | I knew it was my lifelong duty | - Mike Ness[/size]<br />[size=8pt]Flight Motorcycle Corp. Hired Gun.[/size]
post #18 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 10:59 AM

ok, but remember this isn't that easy...and I keep my opinion, this thread is going in wrong direction for a regular reader who's looking for an answer.
post #19 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 12:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to derby

Quote:
ok, but remember this isn't that easy...
which part?

Quote:
and I keep my opinion, this thread is going in wrong direction for a regular reader who's looking for an answer.
and how do you expect the regular reader to get an answer if there is never a discussion of options to come to a consensus?

[size=10pt]-- derby[/size]<br />[size=7pt]<br />&#039;05 Duc Monster S4R &lt;~~ FOR SALE (click for info)<br /><br />&#039;07 Suz GSX-R750<br />Retired rides: &#039;99 Yam YZF-R1, &#039;98 Hon CBR600F3, &#039;97 Suz GSX-R750, &#039;96 Hon CBR600F3, &#039;94 Hon CBR600F2, &#039;91 Hon Hawk GT, &#039;91 Yam YSR-50, &#039;87 Yam YSR-50<br /><br />click here for info about my avatar<br />[/size]
post #20 of 320 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

moto4us.com

Sorry for the confusion. I was hoping to collect all the info and posts in one area so a new person could get caught up quickly and painlessly. I didn't mean official as in official from the company or bullet-proof truth.

I surmise the part that bothered you may be related to the write-up on RB3. I considered and am still torn on how to best capture the full sentiments. My gut tells me that most people have had positive experience with it (particularly with the O2 eliminator module installed), but some folks have attributed stock ECU problems to it. Without an accurate way to gauge number of people in each camp, I've left it generic as "some people happy, others not." I am open to rewording to be more accurate if you have any suggestions. Personally, I will probably either do down the RB3 route or the UltiMap route when my exhaust is shipped so I am an fan of theirs.

BTW, do you have any insights as to how RB3 handles the stepper motor? Does it use it, eliminate it, or modify it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode