Fresco High Mount Conic CF Slip Ons - with sound clips - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Fresco High Mount Conic CF Slip Ons - with sound clips

I just thought I would post some comments about my experience last night with a Fresco High Mount Conic install. I know a lot of members are looking at these pipes. First off, the look and sound of the conic cf cans I think is fantastic - they have a nice low growl without making the bike sound as if it's running under water. The install was a job though. One of the S pipes slipped right over the factory udder while the other one was extremely tight. After an hour of filing and pounding with a rubber mallet I finally got the pipe to go on within about 1/4" of where the factory pipe fit to. I finally broke out the sawz-all and removed 1/4" from the udder outlet to get the pipe to fit on so it lined up with the mark left on the udder from the factory pipe. It goes past the slots in the pipe by about 3/8" so there are no leaks. The conic cans fit well with the supplied S pipes and I thought I was home free. The system comes with a piece of aluminum to reach from the factory mount under the seat to the bracket attached to the cf cans - it is 1.25" too short. My first thought was that the cans are not pushed on the s pipes far enough but after some additional "fitting" with the rubber mallet that is not the case. I will make up a new longer piece today in my machine shop - actually I'm making 2 of them - one of them will get sent out for black anodize. There are some nuts welded on the S pipes for you to mount the factory heat shields but the nuts are 6mm and the factory bolts are 5mm - nothing a trip to the hardware store can't fix. These systems appear to be hand made and as such each one will fit a little differently. Overall I'm still happy with the purchase because I still like the look and sound of the system - after all - that's why I bought them in the first place. I purchased today the Fresco mid pipe to eliminate the udder. That will probably affect the location of the pipes a bit so I am prepared to make another aluminum bracket if I need to.

Cheers!
t.

Tim Allard
Rapid DTM Inc
www.rapiddtm.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 07:00 AM

Re: Fresco High Mount Conic CF Slip Ons

Would you have a soundclip of the Frescos handy?

1999 748 Bi/Mono CF JHP 1/2 system, chip, taillight mod, misc. CF bits<br /><br />2001 M900 Cromo, Fresco CF Conical High Pipes with no baffles, open airbox, K&amp;N, DP CF belly pan, CA tail light, MPL open clutch cover with SpeedyMoto Kukri pressure plate with SS springs. DPM dual headlights and more to come!<br /><br />1999 M900 Cromo stock except for CF Forza slip ons with 1706 original miles!&nbsp; Cant have enough Cromos.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Not yet - I know the sound clip is in high demand though. I'll find something to record on for the DML this weekend.

Tim Allard
Rapid DTM Inc
www.rapiddtm.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

I'll take some pics tonight.

t.

Tim Allard
Rapid DTM Inc
www.rapiddtm.com
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

pics as requested ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0340.JPG (39.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0342.JPG (32.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0344.JPG (32.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0345.JPG (35.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0347.JPG (37.6 KB, 33 views)
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0340.JPG_thumb (148.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0342.JPG_thumb (129.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0344.JPG_thumb (117.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0345.JPG_thumb (135.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0347.JPG_thumb (139.3 KB, 10 views)

Tim Allard
Rapid DTM Inc
www.rapiddtm.com
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

3 more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0348.JPG (38.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0350.JPG (42.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0353.JPG (37.1 KB, 23 views)
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0348.JPG_thumb (96.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0350.JPG_thumb (167.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0353.JPG_thumb (91.8 KB, 9 views)

Tim Allard
Rapid DTM Inc
www.rapiddtm.com
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 06:52 AM

Sweet pipes! Please tell me those clamps and backer plate are temporary! How do you like the fit and finish?

1999 748 Bi/Mono CF JHP 1/2 system, chip, taillight mod, misc. CF bits<br /><br />2001 M900 Cromo, Fresco CF Conical High Pipes with no baffles, open airbox, K&amp;N, DP CF belly pan, CA tail light, MPL open clutch cover with SpeedyMoto Kukri pressure plate with SS springs. DPM dual headlights and more to come!<br /><br />1999 M900 Cromo stock except for CF Forza slip ons with 1706 original miles!&nbsp; Cant have enough Cromos.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Those are the clamps that came with the system - got any other ideas ? The fit leaves a lot to be desired but I wouldn't discourage anyone from purchasing this system because of it. I am going to pull it apart again this weekend and dremel out the ID of the pipes to get them to slide on a little farther. The finish is great although at some point I'd like to paint the pipes or have them plated - probably this winter. I should have the mid pipe by next weekend.

t.

Tim Allard
Rapid DTM Inc
www.rapiddtm.com
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 PM

Man those look great in CF....clamps are, uh, ummm, errr......looks like the turn signal is gonna get baked...or is it just an odd pic angle?

Austin, TX
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

They do come very close to the turn signals. I've run about 100 miles since install and the signals don't show any signs of warping or any ill affects from the heat. I think when the mid pipe comes in and I re-do the system I'll swing the clamps the other way so you wont see the bolts from the outside. Right now they are convenient for disassembly - but ugly. The cf cans stay nice and cool. Hopefully when I do the midpipe I can get the pipes aligned a little better.

t.

Tim Allard
Rapid DTM Inc
www.rapiddtm.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode