Do You Like Your 3" Bar End Mirrors on Your Monster and Why? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Do You Like Your 3" Bar End Mirrors on Your Monster and Why?

I am considering buying bar end mirrors. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Re: Do You Like Your 3" Bar End Mirrors on Your Monster and Why?

CRG lanesplitters on mine, waaaaaaaaaaay better than stock and the best bar-ends there are.
Best part is they actually work, no more chicken wing to look past my own shoulders.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 12:42 PM

For such a small part, they really clean up the look of the bike. Makes the bike look much more aggressive without tall bug antenna sticking out.

The view is much more expansive too, I can actually see what's behind me without tilting my head to the side. Felt like I was riding blind with the stock mirrors. Only drawback is the optical distortion from being convex, you're on a motorcycle though, nothing blocks your field of view when you do a head check.

How Ducati managed to make the stock mirrors big and ugly and nearly useless at the same time still baffles me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAspark99
CRG lanesplitters on mine, waaaaaaaaaaay better than stock and the best bar-ends there are.
Best part is they actually work, no more chicken wing to look past my own shoulders.
+1000

CRG may cost a bit more but definately worth it, quality is top notch, and they have a rubber ring around the glass inside the metal ring so the picture doesnt get blurry from vibrating like the cheapies do.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 01:10 PM

I got the cheapies as a quick-fix, and the only argument I have is when I get to freeway speeds (ok, so I'm going 90, sue me), they tend to end up showing me what my rear tire is doing. I dont mind the left, since it's a quick adjust, but the right sucks, because you have to clutch and roll off throttle to adjust. NOT somethign you want to do on a busy freeway.

I was asked why I bought a Duc for my first bike. I figure if I&#039;m going to die crying and screaming like a little girl, I might as well look good doing it.<br /><br />WOOHOO. The ugly duckling is back on the road. Nothing like a magic marker to fix paint scratches.<br /><br />CURRENT MODS: <br />bar end mirrors, new front brakes w/ Brembo Goldlines, Chopped tail, Clear Alternatives integrated taillght w/ stock red lens, LED front blinkers, 14T front sprocket, 44T rear sprocket.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 01:15 PM

i have crg lanesplitters. they look cool and conveniently fold in.... but they widen your bike essentially, which kinda sucks when your lanesplitting ironically. obviously, the only time it is an issue is when you are pulling through cars up to a light or something. one time i approached the front of a line of cars a bit quick and snapped my left mirror "shut" on a mercedes side mirror. caught me off guard, but no damage was done (at least not to my mirror and i doubt it hurt the edge of the merc's big plastic mirror). anyway, they are pretty cool but this issue can be a bit annoying.

also, you have to dip your head down quite a bit to actually use them while riding. i know lots of riders don't use their mirrors much, but i prefer to keep aware of what is behind me at most times as well.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAspark99
Yes. The CRG LS's are basically vibration-free at most street speeds. And they can absorb minor impacts too
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus
Yes. The CRG LS's are basically vibration-free at most street speeds. And they can absorb minor impacts too
Have been running "Third Eye" bicycle bar ends for years, $14 each at good bike shops. Hard plastci and rubber mount in bar end. Great bang for the buck and cheap to replace if needed.

But went to the CRG lane splitters on my new S4R and the difference to me is worth the price. Perfectly clear at all speeds. Best mirrors I've ever used.

The cheap ones are worth the price...but the CRGs are worth even more.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 05:20 PM

3" is too big. I wish I had the 2" version.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 11:51 PM
LA

They're spensive, but the Lane splitters are very good. I like the way you can fold em in to give a litte more walk around space in the garage too.

I have seen them save the tank in a couple of fall overs too and be perfectly fine with only a new bolt required to fix em after the fall. Amazing.

72 /5 toaster (gone)<br />74 BMW R90S (Pridmore hot rod)<br />80 Ducati 900 SS<br />75 MKIII Norton<br />04 S4R (Bonnie Blue-gone)<br />07 S4RS (The Sleek Black Beauty) Termi kit, W/14t front sprocket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode