Full Arrow or Full Termi system for an S2R 1000? Your opinion/experience... - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

Old 10-14-2006, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Full Arrow or Full Termi system for an S2R 1000? Your opinion/experience...

I'm picking up a new S2RK in a few weeks and wanted to put in a full exhaust system as soon as...
Wanted to keep it a pasta machine as much as possible so choosing between a full Termi or Arrow system.
Who's got what and which do you think is better?
Have either helped out with any of the surging problems et al. that I've been reading about?
Any input you've got would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2006, 11:30 AM

Re: Full Arrow or Full Termi system for an S2R 1000? Your opinion/experience...

I just installed a full termi system on my s2r1k and i love it. It runs better now than it did stock, no surging. The sound is amazing, like a totally different bike now.

07 S2R 1000
Old 10-14-2006, 05:29 PM

Just bought an '07 S4RS with a full Arrow system. Unfortunately, I had it installed before I picked it up, so I can't provide a comparison. I can say the Arrow is killer. A bit on the loud side, but makes music in the upper RPM range. An interesting side note, the full titanium Arrow system is offered with baffles. The full carbon system is not. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2006, 07:53 PM

I have a carbon full Arrow system on my S2R1000, and a carbon full Termignoni system on my S4Rs.

I am very happy with both systems, but there are some differences.

The Arrow system appears to be built better. It fits together on the bike like Ducati built it on there in the first place. It is however, pretty loud (no baffle inserts available--though I hear people are putting them in from the Ti systems). Sounds great, but I'm a bit self-conscious when riding it--always expecting dirty looks from people around me. It isn't as obnoxious as most open-piped American twins, though. With the PC3 it picked up almost 10 full horsepower from stock.

The Termignoni (kit) on the S4Rs sounds much more acceptable to me (this is with the removable baffle inserts in place). It gives that throaty Ducati sound we all want to hear, but not to the point that I feel guilty riding it. It does not appear to have the same level of fit and finish as the Arrow system, though. I'm still working on tweaking it (hasn't been on but a couple of days) to get everything to line up properly--but I didn't have to do that with the Arrow. I do love the look of the "spaghetti" headers on the Termi's, but the welds and the fit aren't as good as the Arrow.

For your S2R1000, I'd recommend the Arrow--IF you don't mind the noise. If you are concerned with being a responsible neighbor, get the Termignoni. You won't be disappointed either way!

09 Monster 1100S
05 KTM 950 Adventure S
83 Yamaha YZ250
Old 10-15-2006, 01:53 PM

I have the full Arrow on my 1000, really nice pipe. I dont really think its too loud, just sounds great overall. Thats my 2 cents.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:01 PM

If you go with DP termi system you will get a tunable ECU, and eliminate the O2 sensor. Sounds great too. While the Arrow looks great, you won't be able to adjust the CO and A/F to get optimal performance with stock ecu. If you simply disconnect the O2 you will resort to a default/limp home setting. Go with termis and get your bike dynoed and set up. Mine is making 87 hp and 67 ft*lbs of torque now, and no surging issues.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:57 PM

Full arrow on mine. They sound great. The build quality is superb. The only issue is they may cause a lean condition but this can be sorted out. Opening the airbox will most likely require a PCIII which is not out yet.

Viva la revolucion!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 PM

Arrows all the way - fit and quality is superb. Sounds awesome.
The carbons are loud, the titanium ones come with a removable baffle.

I tried the Termi's first - fitment PITA pipe also covers the oil drain plug so every time you do an oil change the pipe must come off. When you hand over $2k for an exhaust it should fit without mods.

BTW The Arrows come with a brass plug to close the O2 sensor hole.
Remove the O2 sensor & disconnect the battery for about 3mins and then re-connect, it will take care of the surging.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via MSN to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3

Ive been on a couple rides behind people who have both sets you speak of. After this past weekend behind an S2R with Arrows I fell in love. Its the first exhaust on a Duc that I felt in my chest and was like an orhestra I could listen to for hours. Sure the other exhausts sound good, the Arrows pierced my soul. Too bad for me it wont sound like that on my 695, but alas, I will just follow a bit closer to those that have them.

<br />&quot;I think your car is broken, the driver doesnt seem to be working properly.&quot;
Old 10-21-2006, 05:38 PM

Slash: you said: "Mine is making 87 hp and 67 ft*lbs of torque now"

Do you have the 800 or the 1000? I thought the S2R 1000 was 95 hp stock. I would think that either pipe would add 7-8 hp to that...

Or are you talking at the wheel?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in