Akrapovic Exhaust Systems - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 01:36 PM
usmktmkr

Akrapovic Exhaust Systems

anybody own arkapovic, ive heard good things about it ( from vendors ) not sure if they are just pushing it or it really is good, was told the fitment is excelent and provides good power gains, plus much cheeper then DP,
any thoughts, not as famous as termi but if it looks good and works well then why not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 01:39 PM

Re: Akrapovic Exhaust Systems

Seem to recall somebody here has one...

Not likely to get any significant power gains unless it's a full system.

Nick<br />'02 S4 -&nbsp; Testa Rossa Scorta - Cherrybomb Cans..FIM ECU..Barnett basket..SBK Velocity Stacks<br />Mag Marchesinis..3X BrakeTech Iron..Brembo 4-pads..RaceTech G/V's..Ohlins 46PRCS<br />C'Cat Bars..Yoyodyne Slave..CRG L/S's and Black Shorties..Zumo550<br />'99 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 - 16t front sprocket...Euro blinkers...TKC 80's...OEM W heads&nbsp; :P<br />[size=8pt] Captivated by her beauty | I knew it was my lifelong duty | - Mike Ness[/size]<br />[size=8pt]Flight Motorcycle Corp. Hired Gun.[/size]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 02:06 PM
usmktmkr

im getting prices something like 12-1300 for the full system, im thinking about it, what do you have on yours, i want something S4 specific
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 02:12 PM
sliver

Crestgal has them on here bike but I think it is just slipons. Do they make a full system? Do they make one for a 2 valve?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 02:13 PM

I've currently got different cans only, rest of the system is stock.

Wasn't aware Akrapovic offered a full system for the S4, but I haven't been looking either.

Got a link?

Nick<br />'02 S4 -&nbsp; Testa Rossa Scorta - Cherrybomb Cans..FIM ECU..Barnett basket..SBK Velocity Stacks<br />Mag Marchesinis..3X BrakeTech Iron..Brembo 4-pads..RaceTech G/V's..Ohlins 46PRCS<br />C'Cat Bars..Yoyodyne Slave..CRG L/S's and Black Shorties..Zumo550<br />'99 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 - 16t front sprocket...Euro blinkers...TKC 80's...OEM W heads&nbsp; :P<br />[size=8pt] Captivated by her beauty | I knew it was my lifelong duty | - Mike Ness[/size]<br />[size=8pt]Flight Motorcycle Corp. Hired Gun.[/size]
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 02:26 PM

I don't think Akropovic has a full system for the S4. I was on their website last week and the only full system was for 2V monsters. You can order an Akropovic full system for the S4 through Motostrano's website, but I think that that's a mistake. I hope I'm wrong because I've always been impressed by their build quality when I've seen their systems on other bikes. I'd probably start thinking about ordering a system for my bike.

Royal Oak, Michigan<br /><br />
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 07:50 PM
usmktmkr

good news bad news, the good news is that an s4 system will be comming soon, spoke with a dealer that is aware of it and said it is in the process of being introdused here in the states, bad news is it might take a while and will cost a lot more then i was first quoted, somewhere around 2K, but i saw a picture and it looks great and from what i heard about the company it might be worth the wait
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Monster_Man

I have the Akrapovic system. The fit is great and I have noticable gains in power. I have not gotten the bike dynoed yet since I put on FBF open air box kit, but with a PCIII running the full Termi map it is runnig strong (still want more, winter project). The quality and sound is the best I have seen/heard. One fitment issue the right pipe rubs the swingarm a bit, I was told when I put on the new header pipe this would be solved. If you have any other questions just let me know.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 12:19 PM
usmktmkr

monster man, what do you have on there now, slipons, are they high, low and where did you buy them, i didnt know you can put the slipons and then later put on the headers, i thought you had to do the full system because its one piece, so i thought
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 12:53 PM
SPDUC

I have Akrapovic slip on high-mounts on my '03 M800s. The build quality is outstanding and overall I have been very pleased with the decision, even though they were among the most expensive. The difference is in the details: quality materials, carbon fiber heat shield is great and still allows for an occassional passenger ride, carbon fiber hanger set-up is well designed, even the nuts and washers are high quality. My only complaint has been that one of the pipes shifted a little bit after installation (I've put on about 2.5K miles since installation) so things are a little asymetrical right now. I hope to resolve this by putting a spacer on the hanger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode