Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - My M750 has a new trick! A headshake at high speed turns!
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
MotoGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster4Lee View Post
You checked the rear tire too, right?
A low rear can make the front wobble and feel weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster4Lee View Post
You checked the rear tire too, right?
A low rear can make the front wobble and feel weird.
Thanks for the reply, Monster4Lee. I did not know that the rear pressure could be the culprit. I need to check both. I had them at about 32 front/34 rear. That night when I checked the pressure on the front it was hot so I need to check them again cold. I cycle so I know how much tire pressure can effect the ride. I was told once that if I don't ride a motorcycle too hard, and I'd like a little more life out of my tires, try 40 front/40 rear. I haven't done that because, well, 1.) the manufacturer puts a max psi for a reason. I'm not comfortable going rouge on these matters just yet. 2.) the source does not own a motorcycle and never has. He heard it from Click and Clack on Car Talk, in reference to tires on a car. Lol.

I just started back riding my Monster in November after a long gun-shy hiatus from dropping it. Since Nov I've dropped 37lbs and I've read that could cause a difference in ride feel and bike performance. But would it go so far as cause a wobble?

Maybe I'll set them at 36/38 or so and see how that works out. But I will definitely check that back tire and hopefully that will sort it out.

Thank you again!

Last edited by MotoGirl; 01-19-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: To clarify

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome