Advice for New M696 Owner
Just purchased a new to me M696 with ABS this weekend. Curious if any current M696 owners have any advice or learned lessons that they can provide me? Do's, dont's, cheap recommend upgrades?
- Have had my M1 for 11 years but never owned a bike prior. Have only ridden a Rebel 250 prior (via MSF course 11 years ago) and a Ninja 250 (friends bike). Otherwise I'm a total novice.
- 30+ years old so not into show boating like I was in my early/mid 20's.
- Planning to only ride the bike in an empty parking lot and/or neighborhood side streets for the first 2 weeks to a month in order to get myself adequated with the bike/weight and throttle.
- I'm 5'10" about 220lbs sitting on the bike I could fully flat foot with knees very slightly bent (this is one of the key reasons I choose this model and the lower cc for a Ducati).
- My bike is bone stock with exception of a very badly done tail chop.
- I have full gear (armored jacket, gloves, boats, helmet)