Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Do Monsters just get more 'ugly' with each new model?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 08:27 PM
ill_mostro

I think the 2nd and 3rd gen Monsters are certainly nice bikes and see why people like them, they still do have Italian style in spades. But I gotta say I prefer the first generation Monsters with the full steel trellis frame, air cooled motor and simple round headlight. As simple as a sporting moto can get, with lots of Italian style. Sounds strange but one of the things I'm not a big fan of is the 2/3 gen twisty horizontal cylinder header routing, I love the way the old ones went down under the motor, just such a beautiful and quintessentially Ducati looking layout. Just personal preference, i'm sure if rode one of the new ones I wouldn't be so nostalgic, ha!

On the superbikes, I agree with the above, the 1098 was such a smooth looking bike. Panigale, so so for me. I'd much rather have a red Sport Classic 1000 or Paul Smart replica. Then again I'm in my mid 40s and I'm glad Ducati is appealing to younger riders with the Panigale, Scrambler etc. Good for the health of the company.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome