Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Sat Nav Holder location & Charger lead on Monster R
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 04:42 AM
Mattjin

I have an iphone 7 and I use a RAM bicycle mount, the type that uses two cable ties. These cable ties went under the the top section of the bar clamps, but above the handlebar. Then for the phone cradle itself just grab a cheap ebay chinese mount that the phone clips into, drill two holes for the RAM diamond mount, and thats it.

For the power, I used the factory accessory plug on the left side under the tank. I cut the factory connector and instead put a deutch connector on it that connects to both my heated grips and a USB charger. Bought a 0.5m black lightning cable which blends in perfectly on long trips.

I use the Sygic app for GPS with it in perfect view and it does not block the dashboard of the bike, with a Shark Speed R 2 helmet with the Sena SMH10R bluetooth which let me mount the battery internally in the rear of the helmet. This lets me hear music while riding, and GPS instructions when needed. Perfect setup IMHO. Phone is waterproof too so no dramas other than the new stupid Home button which doesnt work with gloves. Work around: wet the tip of one finger (sometimes I have had to lick a glove finger) and it will work.

Photos shortly.

Last edited by Mattjin; 10-15-2016 at 04:53 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome