Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

14T sprocket - what brand/model?

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dankatz 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase a 14T front sprocket for a 2013 1100Evo. I loved the bike, but the gearing is way too tall. I am going to get the bike this weekend and would like to be ready to put the 14T sprocket. What brand/model do people typically put? Does the brand matter at all? Will the JTF741.14 be the one to get? I have used JT sprockets in the past so am familiar with them. Thanks for the advice!

#5 ·
OK, so I have no plans on taking this bike to the track or checking what the top speed is. My 696 has 14/45 gearing (stock is 15/45) which I found great in everything except cruising at above 80 mph. The 1100 has 15/39 gearing and on my short test ride I really did not like the gearing. I think it is way too tall. I would rather improve the in town driveability

#7 · (Edited)
I got my 14t JT sprocket from Amazon, only $18 and was Prime eligible. If I had a mulligan tho I'd pay a bit more for the drilled/lightened one, is a pretty significant reduction in rotating mass.

I run 14/41 now on my M944 and love it...a bit buzzy at hwy speed but totally worth it for how it behaves otherwise.

#8 ·
I have an 01 M900Sie, stock was 15/39. Right now I'm running a 14/40 but about to go to a 15/44 for more grunt in the mountains. A 15/43 is so close to what I have I'm afraid I won't notice the little extra I think I need.

#9 ·
Probably a wise choice. I originally went with 15/41 because of all the positive feedback of what a great compromise it was, but to me it was too much compromise, the hwy is not where the funs at with our bikes. Read all the warnings about going down in the front vs up in the rear but I like the extra clearance the 14 gives me between sprocket/swingarm edge and no more chain contact with my undermounted exhaust. And with an expensive newer chain it's way less hassle.

#10 ·
I left the 15t on the front of my evo as didn't want such a small tight turning sprocket and went to a 41t on the rear. This meant a new chain for extra links but to me it was worth the extra cost as it gives me the option now to change back to 39 or somewhere in between when ever I want without to much trouble as installed a quick change hub as well. Anyway I agree it makes the bike so much more fun in the tight stuff if you go either 14t front or 41t rear. Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.