Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiffed By Forum Member

6K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  TheOther996s 
#1 ·
Back in early Dec a forum member (dennisbar) Dennis Barvin needed part for a 696. I had parts that he needed and Emailed him with the price. He agreed on the price and I quickly shipped them the next day. Well, 6 weeks have gone by and I have not received one cent from him. He has replied to a couple of my Emails requesting payment, but no check has ever arrived at my address. BEWARE if you deal with the guy in the future.

#2 ·
that sux bro..

usually it's the other way round.. the buyer gets stiffed not the seller...

sorry to hear that.. at least u have his address and phone number

threaten police action, maybe that will straighten him out

#3 ·
Sorry to hear he got you with "the check is in the mail" bit. I would ship only if the money has been sent via PayPal. That way everyone is protected. If he doesn't get his stuff he has recourse through PayPal. It is almost a red light these days if someone doesn't have an account.

#5 ·
Although I agree with the above post, I understand how this could happen. Trust is a difficult thing. Take it easy on the original poster....he tried to do something good by sending parts fast.

Jim

#9 ·
I as well am being burned by this scumbag, I send him money and my ecu to have it all reprogrammed on Dec 18 and he has not contacted me or send me my parts, this guy is dangerous, let me know if you start police action on him I will gladly cooperate, he got me for $450 plus my ecu and my cluster and ignition> He has an ebay ad on ebay under motorvex, ad is for ducati monster ecu and red key, he also operated on ebay , canada under another name

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ducaholic is correct. This guy is selling Ducati stuff on Ebay under the name of motorvex. He has also used the Ebay name of pbarvin in the past. Here is his address and phone number in case any of you who have been screwed by this guy can pay him a visit when you are in the Seattle area. He doesn't live too far from SEATAC airport.
DXXX BXXXX, 1XXXX SXXX 2XXX St, Apt XXXX, KXXX, WA 98XXX-XXXX. The phone number associated with his motorvex ads on Ebay is 4XX-7XX-7XXX.

#13 · (Edited)
I sent this j@ck@$$ a bunch of gauges and ECUs to get one complete set and he took off to the Ukraine for a while. When he came back I got a call from him, but it's been months since then I still haven't received my stuff.

DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY ANY MORE CHANCES! CALL THE SEATTLE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FILE CHARGES FOR FRAUD! WE CAN ALL GO ON RECORD AND PUT THIS SMUCK IN JAIL WHERE HE BELONGS!

If you need me for anything feel free to contact me.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
I sent this j@ck@$$ a bunch of gauges and ECUs to get one complete set and he took off to the Ukraine for a while. When he came back I got a call from him, but it's been months since then I still haven't received my stuff.

DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY ANY MORE CHANCES! CALL THE SEATTLE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FILE CHARGES FOR FRAUD! WE CAN ALL GO ON RECORD AND PUT THIS SMUCK IN JAIL WHERE HE BELONGS!

If you need me for anything feel free to contact me.

BEAWARE:

Chris Saraceni

Ebay: desmotion.sales

Motored Sports

motoredsports@yahoo.com

9XX 6XX 0XXX

Here is the story: He sent us bunch of crap and wanted one programmed complete set back for free. I thought he had some good gauges and ECUs, but got what you see in the box in that picture. When I told him that those gauges are crap, he said that sucks and told me to ship it back. Shipping costs more than this stuff. I didn't get one cent from this guy.

Also clients always send us proof of ownership for the bike in order to make keys, We didn't get anything from this guy.

Be carefull when you buy from him, because the stuff in the box he considers as parts.

Anyways we paid for shipping and sent it back

Chris Saraceni
1401 Hamblen Way
Cool CA 95614

Attachments

#14 ·
Well, today, Jan 25, funds for my parts that I sent to Dennis Barvin appeared in my PayPal account, coming from Motor Vehicles Export, another business name that Barvin operates under. I still think that having to wait over 6 weeks for payment is too long. Hopefully Ducaholic and Motored-Sports will have their problems resolved with him soon.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Back in early Dec a forum member (dennisbar) Dennis Barvin needed part for a 696. I had parts that he needed and Emailed him with the price. He agreed on the price and I quickly shipped them the next day. Well, 6 weeks have gone by and I have not received one cent from him. He has replied to a couple of my Emails requesting payment, but no check has ever arrived at my address. BEWARE if you deal with the guy in the future.
I advise everyone not to deal with Bill Hayes ( wmhayes ), because this guy lost check for $36 and made this huge problem on all forums.

I'm normal buyer have a paypal account, but this guy wanted check. So we wrote check for $36 and sent it to him to this address:

WX X HXXXX
2XXX BXXX NXXXXXXX
LXXXXXXXXX, XX 4XXXX-XXXX

Bill claims that he never got the check. So we made another payment to William M Hayes paypal account wmhayes@insightbb.com .

He signed his email as Bill Hayes, but paypal has different name as William M Hayes.

And right now those $36, people are discussing as far as UK.

#17 ·
Check Dennis Barvin's post concerning me and a check. True, he did advise me that he had a Paypal account and I thought that it would be easier for him to simply send me a check. I sent several emails stating that I had not received the check and asked if he had sent the check. The first reply that I got (3 weeks after I shipped the parts and he acknowledged that he received them) was telling me that he had been away from home and would send the check. A week later it had not arrived and I sent more requests with no reply. Only on Jan 25 did I get any payment via PayPal. Maybe he's honest, maybe not, but a little correspondence goes a long way.

#19 · (Edited)
re: MOTORHEX

That sucks...contact your local Police Dept and file a report. They can then make contact with the buyer as long as you have a receipt for shipping to prove you sent the item. Good Luck Hun
You can believe this is going to the next level...so, if there's anyone else that's been stiffed by this specimen, please forward my info when filing your reports with your local police. (you have to file through your local police/sheriff...if they won't take the report the Kent, WA Police will be happy to help 253-852-2121)

I sent Dennis:
4- Monster gauges which were good for parts...motors, maybe chips, I don't know he used them for something?
1- Monster 1000 Gauge/ECU/key that obviously was usable or he would've sent it back!
1- Multistrada 1000DS ECU with Red & black keys + locks
1- S2R800 Gauge/Key/ECU that needed board work (he said he could fix it)

He took off for Russia and I didn't hear from him for months. Then, he tells me the stuff isn't fixable an he would send it back...over a year goes by and only threatening messages and telephone calls get a response.
As you can see from the photo he supplied, he sent me a bunch of ****. BROKEN GAUGES AND WHAT LOOKS LIKE 696 & ST4 PIECES, ANOTHER BIKE I HAVE NEVER HAD. I don't even deal in superbikes nor ST models and the crap he sent me wasn't mine. I don't need a shoulder to cry on, don't need someone to fight my battles, I'm telling you this so this punk doesn't rip you off like he's done to several other guys. Lost check? Yeah right! Do you honestly think I sent him the **** he sent me? You better use extreme caution if you ever even consider doing business with this low-life smuck!

Dennis,
Since we know you're reading these messages...you had better go and change your business name...again! See ya soon!

#23 ·
Really??

Maybe you should be more specific on "any condition" I sure as hell wouldn't send you payment on shipping if you promise something and cant deliver.
Did you call and try to work something out, or just wait until it started getting posted and your "reputation" was at risk before taking action?
Sounds like your a shady business anyway. Any reputable business would have called and ask what they were supposed to do with a box of crap(if that is indeed what you received).
I guarantee any bike dealers (or shade tree mechanic shops) in the Podunk town of Kent are not busy enough to warrant a six week wait time ON A PHONE CALL. I know, I'm less than an hour from you.

#24 ·
Seems this discussion needs to be taken off line. Please feel free to continue your conversation via PM's to each other. Hope you all can work out the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.